Print 

Author Topic: What does your name say about you?  (Read 10001 times)

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
Re: What does your name say about you?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 01:41:28 PM »
It says my name is Max.

Offline Chef

• Junior Poster
  • Pull this plug let me free!
    • CLICK
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »
that i love to cook and thats what i am !!

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »
I think my name says it all about me  :zoot:  ;D :winkgrin: :dance: :toot: :haw: :siderofl: :LOL: ::) :P :)

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »
It says that......
I actually have no idea what it says. I'm open to others' interpretations of the name, but I quite honestly don't know myself.
As said previously, it's the surname of a guy I made up ("Harmless" Joe-Bob Slanzinger) for an IT project where we had to come up with a database system for a business (in this case, "Harmless" Joe-Bob's Sword Warehouse and Emporium)
The company, and the name, are not based on anything real...

Perhaps what it says is "I like to have a name which confuses people when I use voice chat" ^_^ - or maybe that random identities I make up tend to hang around (this guy even has his own email address!)
But like I say, I'm open to other people's interpretations.
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »
I'm Bruce Willis!  :o

(Not really :P)

Uhh.. I livesoft (MiG >.O)

Basically. I fail at staying alive in halo
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Offline BFM_ImaybeU

• BFM Admin
  • Got Ping? I do!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 06:43:23 PM »
I just wanna be loved!

Awwwww - we wuv you a whoooooooole bunch!! :love: :hug: :love:

Oh yeah - my name?

The name is a metaphor for holding a mirror up to ourselves.  We are all connected, seeing parts of ourselves in each other (good and bad).   My wife uses "UmaybeMe." 

We're all attracted to those who share what we feel is the positive in ourselves.  Too often, we avoid those who display our negative side.  But, then there are the rare ones who are pulled toward the negative creatures to see if he/she can help them be a better person.   I see a lot of that on the forums when the bfm/BFMs are addressing issues with problem players.  You all appeal their better side and give them opportunities to improve attitudes and behavior.  That's a big reason why I wanted to join BFM.

^^Thanks Warlord for the great sig!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »
I have 7 heads, and I felt that I related best to this name.

:LOL:

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »
I have 7 heads, and I felt that I related best to this name.

Nice one.
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »
I don't have a clue what my name means...

lol.

Offline Chevizzer

• Newbie Poster
  • Formerly Chevalier
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
I don't have a clue what my name means...

lol.

When I see your name, I always think of the word Midterms (look what college has done to me  :XD: ) Why, Midterms, Why?!  :LOL:

I have played under many names in Halo and the action game I played before I got Halo, Aliens vs Predator 2. I first heard the name Chevalier from the Japanese anime Blood+. I thought it sounded cool, so I looked it up in the dictionary. As it turned out, Chevalier is French for "knight", or a chivalrous person. I do my best to uphold these qualities in my life (the compassion and helpfulness part, not the riding around in armor part  :keke: ). With several younger siblings of different ages, I also try to protect them from whatever I can. I just like to help people.

What else does the name say about me...? Well, I enjoy references to popular culture, but I like to know what I am referencing. And yes, that I am one of the many anime fans out there. I'd say the epic fantasy nature of the stories draws me in.

This is not to say it is my favorite name I have played under, but probably the one I am known best by. Most people simply call me "Chev". Several people have asked me how to pronounce my name, so here it is for anyone who might be curious:

Blood + pronounces it: "Chev - all - ee - aa" (where the ee and the aa are their long sounds, or how one would say them in the alphabet). There is no "R" sound.

However, I personally don't really care if people call me "Chev" or "Chevalier". I only keep the long name because I think it is more recognizable.
“I’ll tell you who your enemy is gentlemen: apathy, passivity, indifference. And yes, uh, also those red guys.” -- Captain Butch Flowers from RvB

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
--Former U.S. President Abraham Lincoln

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »
I'm sure it's fairly obvious, but here goes.  I chose my new name in respect for the lead singer of Queen, Freddie Mercury.  He led an amazing life, being born in Zanzibar as Farrokh Bulsara and moving to England to escape from the Zanzibar Revolution to London to become the more commonly known Freddie Mercury.  He then collaborated with Queen quitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor to form Queen (named to gain the favor of the Queen of England XD).  It was sometime later on that John Deacon the bassist joined the band.  He then proceeded to become one of the most famous British rock stars.  Unfortunately, he contracted AIDS and died on November 24, 1991 of bronchopneumonia at the age of 45.  He had the most amazing voice I've ever heard and it is a shame that he is not around any more to make more songs.  My name is my way paying my respects to him, and may he rest in piece.
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »
     My name basically is me in a nutshell because everyone tells me I get lucky at basically anything I do, especially in gaming.  So the first half of my name tells people I'm 'lucky'.  The second part of my name I made to basically show people that I can be pretty random.  I wanted to show both points when I was choosing my name so I picked 'Lucky' then put the first word that popped into my head, which ended up being.... 'Bucket' :D

And that's how my name came to be.
-Lucky-

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »
uhhh,
ok well b4 i put on the BFM tags my name was skedog81,
the ske part is because I like to ski/snowboard(dont know why its an "E" though)
the dog part because at the time, I volentered at the local dog pound and I helped out alot there, and the 81 was because that was the number of dogs that I had saved(by getting them adopted) woooooot

BFM_Skedog

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »
My name tells you where I live, my initials, how old i am, My social security number, and credit-card information... :undecided: , No but seriously. Just kidding about the last 2...
EDIT: Forgot I removed the numbers at the end, so it doesn't say how old I am anymore   :dance:
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 06:47:39 AM »
Well...I was humming the Blue Oyster Cult song Godzilla and racing in a hog and PRESTO, HogZilla. What does it say about me? The thing that attracted me to Halo was driving a hog! Oh, and the song is fun to hum.  :haw:

Print