Print 

Author Topic: Question about rules.  (Read 956 times)

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
Question about rules.
« on: August 04, 2008, 10:29:46 PM »
Earlier today I was playing on the map that starts with G (The one with the sniper ledges, I can't think of the name  :doh:). I was playing against BFM_BigShot.

I saw him coming up the side stairs from the bottom level and there was a few hogs around. If I real quickly throw a grenade it would allow me to survive while I ride away in a hog. However, if I take a hog; Most likely they will shoot and kill me.

I decided to not attack them, (since I would of got warned since there was hogs around), and BigShot did kill me ( :'( ). However, if I would of thrown a quick nade on his hog it would of saved me.

The difference in this variant of 'Defence' is that they are coming up the stairs, I am 100% sure they will come up, and my nade would of saved me since by the time BigShot's turret would of leveled back from the change in angle, it would of exploded. Unlike if we was on another place where by the time I can throw a nade, they would kill me by the time it explodes.

So, could I have thrown that gernade to save myself from the horrors of BigShot's rocket?
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Question about rules.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:23:33 AM »
Except, there was another option! If you have enough time to get in a hog, but be gunned down from behind, what is to stop you from standing behind a wall, or some other structure to avoid fire? Also remember if a threat is imminent that you do not need to go straight to your navs. You could back the hog into the base to avoid the fire. If you stay out of your hog and do not throw nades in self defense you will not be warned for camping.

Be careful when leaving nades for enemy hogs that you believe to be a threat, especially if you do not know whether they are loaded or not, otherwise you may have killed a lone hog that was no threat at all. If ever in doubt though, always jump in the hog. Better off dead that be warned for camping!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
Re: Question about rules.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:38:17 AM »
Alright, yeah forgot about hiding lol.
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Print