Print 

Author Topic: would this have been cool DS fans?  (Read 4148 times)

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
would this have been cool DS fans?
« on: August 05, 2008, 03:48:33 PM »
CLICK HERE  i think that halo DS would have been amazing.  halo anytime any where.  too bad it wasn't released.  tell me what you would think. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
Re: would this have been cool DS fans?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 04:04:49 PM »
I don't think that Halo DS would have ever been possible with Halo being a product of Microsoft and a DS being a product of Nintendo...

Either way, the graphics would've been too horrible for me to ever want to play it on a hand-held anyway.

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:20:36 PM »
Yeah, it would of sucked hands down.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »
i don't think it would have been that bad.  i mean for a handheld made by Nintendo it would have been good. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
They had a 'leaked' video showing it, Was fake though.

What they was playing was a modded/hacked 007 DS game, When the video first came up around a year ago it fulled quite alot of people, but it was debunked.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:28:16 PM by TexasMd »
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »
Any first person shooter not on PC sucks, I think...

So, nah...

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:57:30 AM »

What they was playing was a modded/hacked 007 DS game, When the video first came up around a year ago it fulled quite alot of people, but it was debunked.
lol i didn't know that.  i guess i am really gullible. 

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »
Either way, the graphics would've been too horrible for me to ever want to play it on a hand-held anyway.

If you were a TRUE Nintendo fan, you wouldn't care about the graphics at all, considering half of our games are completely cartoonish anyway

Plus I've only had systems of the Nintendo brand besides PC

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »

If you were a TRUE Nintendo fan, you wouldn't care about the graphics at all, considering half of our games are completely cartoonish anyway

amen brotha.  the only non Nintendo thing i have is my PC and a 360. 

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 01:38:06 PM »

I'm not a true Nintendo fan, that's why I put up my  2c worth. :P

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 02:38:05 PM »
Touché

Anyway as far as the game goes, in my opinion the only way this game could work is use the touch screen to control the guns. If they made it into some sort of sidescrolling thing that would epically fail, and if they make it a FPS the controls would be too hard to understand. The only issue is that if they make the contols mostly touch-screen based, which seems to be the most effective thing, the graphics, as HaWk mentioned, wouldn't really look all that great, but you can still tell it's Halo at least. If they try to play the gameplay off as "revolutionary", most people would play it off as a Metroid: Hunters clone, and not an actual Halo game

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
i think that's what it would be.  like the metriod game.  and the radar could and other stuff like that at the bottom screen would just be in the background. 

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
It would definitely be interesting, to say the least.

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 12:02:36 AM »

lol i didn't know that.  i guess i am really gullible. 

Like I said, most people never played the 007 on DS. But the leaked video had almost exactly the same interface (Except different colors) and even had same sounds when you died.

Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 04:19:29 AM »
It would definitely be interesting, to say the least.

Print