Print 

Author Topic: *FIXED*Java Script Turned Off?  (Read 3809 times)

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
*FIXED*Java Script Turned Off?
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:49:35 PM »
when i try to watch any video on the internet (ex. YouTube) i get a message saying:

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

i have the latest Java and Flash player and i dont know how to turn Java on and off.

any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:14:25 AM by bfm_MiG »

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
Re: Java Script Turned Off?... cant watch youtube videos now
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »
I had the same problem once.. Let me investigate.

This should solve your problem!

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »
it was already turned on, didn't work. i'll try redownloading the flash player

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »
i have the same problem.  i KNOW i have the latest everything.  java, and flash.  i know this for a fact.  i have read things and done the "home owners repair" (where you just hit everything and turn everything on and off and hope if fixes something) i have tried doing it in a civil manner, and still no dice.  I'm starting to think windows is going down hill and its time for a mac or perhaps just a different computer or maybe even worse......

use firefox.   :AOL:
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »
I use Firefox and it is better about these kinds of problems (because by what you've told me, nothing seems to be wrong!) because when nothing is wrong.  You don't get an error message!  And many other pros of using Firefox..

Anyway, I strongly recommend getting Firefox.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »
i will use firefox as a last resort if all else fails.  does anybody know of any solutions?
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »
i will use firefox as a last resort if all else fails.  does anybody know of any solutions?

ya, I was figuring that you're using IE....

My guess would be (since you've done other stuff that SHOULD have taken care of the problem...) that you have the settings wrong in your "Internet Zones" in MS "Internet Options."

0) Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options, select the "Security" tab.

1) Click on the "Internet" icon (world globe, left-most icon), then select the "Default Level" button (lower-right.) [If only the "Custom" button is highlighted, you've made changes to the settings, so you might want to write them down or something before you reset them to defaults, as follows: Select the "Custom Level" button, then the "Reset" button, then "OK" out of those windows.]

Now see if things work again.  (They WERE working "before," at some time in the past, yes?!?)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 03:31:22 PM »
I'm getting frustrated now with IE.  crashing, not reading stuff properly, taking forever to load, and little to no movie playback capability.  and yes it did work in the past back when i first got the computer. 

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 03:39:29 PM »
I'm getting frustrated now with IE.  crashing, not reading stuff properly, taking forever to load, and little to no movie playback capability.  and yes it did work in the past back when i first got the computer. 

'Does NOT bode well for the browser that - by default - set the standard for WWW page formatting....  :doh:  :bang:  :siren:

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
well, maybe my computer is just messed up.  i don't know lol. 

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 01:18:28 AM »
Well, does it work in Firefox?
I use that as my default browser now - have for a long time, and it feels far more convenient and user-friendly. All I ever use IE for is things that use ActiveX (for example windows update) - and I don't even have to open a new Internet Explorer window to do that now!
I highly recommend the switch. (See also: Adblock Plus, Mouse Gestures Redox [sic] and Link Alert as extensions to FF)
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 04:36:41 AM »
Erm...  I thought this as MiG's thread.  Nobody really seams to be helping him, we all seem to be helping Carl :P

MiG, the link above is all I could really find for you, so I'm sorry I can't help you past this point.  If I were actually there sitting at your computer, I could probably fix the problem.  But I'm not good at explaining things through letters.

Sorry MiG!
- Lucky

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 06:30:20 AM »
well, i have given up.. i just cant fix IE.  so i have made the switch.  i am now using Firefox.  everything works fine with Firefox.  u tube videos and all that works. 

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 10:18:33 AM »
Erm...  I thought this as MiG's thread.  Nobody really seams to be helping him, we all seem to be helping Carl :P

MiG, the link above is all I could really find for you, so I'm sorry I can't help you past this point.  If I were actually there sitting at your computer, I could probably fix the problem.  But I'm not good at explaining things through letters.

Sorry MiG!
- Lucky

MiG hasn't responded since the last suggested fix, so, we ARE helping him as much as we can!  ;D

Continuing on with suggestions to fix a similar/same problem as MiG (while he's AFF - Away From Forums  :winkgrin: - is both generally helpful, and specifically helpful to MiG when/if he gets back and if the suggestion hasn't worked for him....

So carry on!

One more suggestion: Make SURE that you try to resolve problems AFTER DOING A CLEAN COLD-BOOT OF YOUR SYSTEM.  Windows is notorious for "getting worse over time," so a fresh boot after having the power switch (on the back) turned off for a minute can often "fix" a Windows problem - esp. "random-ish" ones....

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 10:24:52 AM »

ya, I was figuring that you're using IE....

My guess would be (since you've done other stuff that SHOULD have taken care of the problem...) that you have the settings wrong in your "Internet Zones" in MS "Internet Options."

0) Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options, select the "Security" tab.

1) Click on the "Internet" icon (world globe, left-most icon), then select the "Default Level" button (lower-right.) [If only the "Custom" button is highlighted, you've made changes to the settings, so you might want to write them down or something before you reset them to defaults, as follows: Select the "Custom Level" button, then the "Reset" button, then "OK" out of those windows.]

Now see if things work again.  (They WERE working "before," at some time in the past, yes?!?)

trying that now, sorry i have been on forumns just not that much

didn't work =\ my brother got it to work on his XP account but neglected  to tell me how and he has a passwrod so i cant just go and find out :mike:

Print