Print 

Author Topic: Considerable admin abuse on your Halo race server  (Read 2553 times)

Offline [RS]Johnny

• Newbie Poster
Considerable admin abuse on your Halo race server
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »
On August 12, 2008 I, along with 3 other from my clan, were playing in your Halo race server.I was banned from the server. 
Our clan has hosted multiple Halo servers for several years now. I myself am an admin on our servers. I understand how difficult it can be to manage game play and keep the server running as your organization envisions. That being said (for what it is worth) I would like to bring to your attention the seriously gross admin abuse that occurs on your Halo server regularly.
I had occasion to be reminded several times by some player who was not displaying any tag by the name of snowflake or snowjob or something like that that I was violating some rule by shooting people. I understand that your server is a race server, and that is how I was trying to play it. But I was spawning in the middle of several opposing team members and was being shot at. According to the "admin" I was wrong for shooting back. I was reminded that this was a race server, etc etc. I admit to arguing the point of my "rule violation" as well as being sarcastic about the matter. I find it totally ridiculous to be corrected by an admin in a Halo server for shooting at the other team. Shortly thereafter I was banned from the server.
If you are going to maintain a public server, you have the right to stipulate how game play is conducted. I completely agree. But, if you are going to hand out admin to anyone, I suggest you develop some type of screening or evaluation process. I've had some positive experiences with admins on your server, but a majority of the time I have found myself being abused by your admins who seem to have the power hungry attitude of a 12 year old. I won't be playing on your server again, and the several members of my clan that have enjoyed playing on your server won't as well. I would also like to say that if I am aware of any member of your "clan"  in any of our servers, I will not hessitate to ban them immediately based entirely of the reputation the members have created for themselves based on thier conduct in your own servers.

Originally posted in "Problem Players"...I believe this post is more suited for an officer's decision to respond or make a decision on this post.

BFM_MadWho (Corporal)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:08:54 PM by BFM_MadWho »

BFM_Nrvend

Re: Considerable admin abuse on your Halo race server
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 01:56:32 PM »
Johnny, only BFM members that have BFM tags have the ability to kick or ban racers on the server. If you were kicked and there were no racers presant with Tags displayed, then it is most likely that you were on one of the many recent imposter servers that have been set up by disgruntled racers. We have had many reports of people being banned lately on servers that say they are BFM but are not. Our admins go through lengthy training and are monitored by their trainers to assure that they are admining fairly. For the most part they do a very good job and the popularity of our servers tend to show that. I am sorry that you were a victim of circumstances and also sorry to hear that all of BFM is a BOS on your servers for the actions of others or even a few. I will inform our members of your intent, but will also inform them that we will not retaliate. We will only ban your members if they break rules in a manor that deserves such action on an individual basis, unless other actions become necessary. We will not hold all members responcilbe for the action of others or a few.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:21:15 PM by BFM_Nrvend »

Offline [RS]Johnny

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 04:17:30 PM »
After searching through your forums I found the name of the individual who was in the server acting as an admin. "snowkiller" is his name. So either there is a server posing as yours with someone posing as a member of your clan or I was in your server and it was your "snowkiller". I'll leave it to you guys to figure out the odds......

The server name that I was on is:BFMracing.net #5
The server i.p is :216.6.232.141:2301

and coincidently, I've been unbanned ( after I posted this thread).

BFM_Nrvend

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »
Snowkiller is not a BFM....notice the lack of tags prior to his name. I would imagine it works the same way in your clan. I can no more be held responcible for his actions in our servers than you can for his actions in yours. Not being a member, he has no access to rcon so he has no way to ban or unban you. If you were at anytime banned thaen we have a record of your hash that is automaically saved, so we will be able to confirm the actual banning even if they went in and removed it. At this point it appears by your own account that that you are still able to race in our servers and are still welcome if you choose.

Offline [RS]Johnny

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 06:25:08 PM »
I'm not going to drag the matter out. My intention is to make your clan aware of a problem. If Snowkiller is not a member, and does not have admin, then either you had a member of the clan in the server without tags or snowkiller has your rcon password. Just my logical deduction. My concern is that upper managment here is aware that there is a problem.
BTW, I posted the i.p and server name i visited yesterday because there might be some question if I was in a legit BFM server. I would like you to know that I obtained the name and I.P from my xfire history, I had joined the server through xfire as members of my clan were all ready in the server playing. If the i.p I posted is not your server, then I appologize. But if it is your server, please be aware that I am entirely confident that is the correct i.p and server name I was in last night.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
I will add something to what Nrvend said about our server monitoring.  We have an automated FTP server monitor that logs every ban and unban that happens on our servers (separate from the actual ban list).  The log from that monitor is stored on my PC not on the servers.  That log does not show anyone with your name to have ever been banned or unbanned from any real BFM server.  So here are the options:

Option one:  Someone either hacked our servers or otherwise inappropriately banned you (and only you) from a real BFM server.  Someone then either hacked our servers or otherwise inappropriately unbanned you (and only you) from a real BFM server.  Then someone hacked into my PC's hard drive and did nothing more than alter the server monitor log to remove your name (and only your name) from that log.  Given the systemic problem you seem to think we have in our servers it seems odd that someone with this level of ability has only done this to only one guest....you?  Or.....

Option two:  Just like with your assumption about snowkiller's membership in BFM, you are simply mistaken.  You were not in a real BFM server when you got banned, which explains why you can still get into our servers.

To use your own quote:

I'll leave it to you guys to figure out the odds......

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline [RS]Johnny

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 02:11:07 PM »
My user name in Halo is always [RS]J_Law. just in case there is any confusion. My clan name has always been [RS]Johnny_Law but there is not enough room for that name so I shortened it in Halo. I'm not going to post any more responses in this thread. I'm the first one in my clan to get annoyed by some guy who hasn't donated or isn't a member to complain too much about one of our servers. Just wanted to clarify my player name.

Additionally, please let me clarify that my "assumption" of Snowkillers status in your clan is entirely based on HIS behavior in your server.

Also, you may wish to check on how many times anyone with the [RS] tag has been kicked or banned from your race server. It may help illustrate my point concerning the admin abuse issue.

Thanks for your time in reading my posts and your attention to the matter. I welcome anyone to join our forums, and if so desired, to continue this thread on our forum or address any other matter concerning a member of Riot Squad.

*** LINK REMOVED ***
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:16:54 PM by BFM_MadWho »

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
Well that sheds some light on the situation.  You ask me to check how many times an [RS] clan member has been banned or kicked from our servers.....well including your fictitious ban....the grand total is exactly 1 ban and approximately 2 or 3 kicks.  WOW what a huge problem!!  Considering we have screenshots of you specifically directing profane insults at our admins (the f-bomb in particular) that more than justly explains your ban in server #1....not #5.  We also have screenshots of your other clan mates being just as rude, which justly explains a few kicks, so I would say you all have gotten off pretty easy.  By the way is it not in your own clan rules not to use offensive language?

To repeat what Nrvend said.  You and your clan mates are welcome in our servers and no one will be banned unless they earn it themselves with their behavior.  We believe this is the right thing to do.  As for you and your clan....you do what you think is right.

Lastly I would like to thank you for starting this thread because your have more than adequately helped illustrate to everyone exactly how tolerant and fair our admins really are.  I am proud of our admins and the way they have handled the numerous situations you and your clan mates have caused....well done BFM!!

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline [RS]Johnny

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 06:53:31 PM »
I would say that I think what ever security measures you have in place to protect log information concerning your servers, as well as RCON on your servers has been compromised. I might use "profane language", but that does not make me a moron. I wouldn't suggest checking the number of [RS] kicked and banned if it didn't support my complaint. You sir, have a problem with people either lying to you, altering data, or you yourself are lying.

I also wonder why everyone was so convinced that I was on a "fake" BFM server but now there are screen shots of me?

At this point, I don't care if I'm banned or not from your server. Now I'm just plain insulted. Your accusing me of being dishonest. Your trying to make everyone believe that I went through all this trouble and was never really banned? wt* would be my supposed motivation then? Do you think I woke up one day and decided to register on your forums and create some fictitious story about being banned just for kicks?

What I find even more ridiculous is that one clan invites another clan to their forums and the link is censored. Do you guys get the slightest impression that I'm trying to recruit?!
I got a PM from some corporal saying I violated the forums rules by posting a link. ROFL you guys do realize that their are other clans in the world besides yourselves right?  You guys might want to try and make some friends some time instead of trying to see how many rules you can enforce. But I'm happy my posting got censored. It really opened my eyes to what kind of clan you really are. your not a gaming clan. your an admin clan. everything revolves around enforcing rules, not having fun. I stand corrected.

oh and.....
For the love of god, please remove my registry from your forums. I regret registering on your forums more than a (Comment removed as it was rude nasty and un-needed -Warlord)have a nice life and I hope some of you learn to play a game some time.

Please do not use abbreviated profanity on our forums. ~BFM_Hydra
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:18:36 PM by BFM_Warlord »

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »
Obviously you are missing the point that was being conveyed.I have no doubt you came here just to start trouble.You have shown nothing but a hostile attitude in all of your posts and comments made here.I am sorry you don't understand us, our what we are about.Your requests have been granted as your Welcome here has warn thin.Every thing you have stated has only supported our actions and only strengthens the message we tried to convey . Nothing more really needs to be said.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:14:03 PM by BFM_Warlord »

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:37 PM »
Your actions only prove we have made the correct decision.

You also said there are other clans out there. You are 100% correct. So let me help you chose to find another clans forums.  You will be banned and no longer welcome on our forums or servers. Have a nice day!

Print