Print 

Author Topic: internet explorer  (Read 2781 times)

Offline aaron

• Newbie Poster
internet explorer
« on: August 19, 2008, 06:48:56 AM »
my internet explorer wont work. i have tried redownloading it but it still wont work. does anyone have any ideas?

ps my connection is fine and i can run halo and bt internet so it is definately a problem with explorer. 

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
Re: internet explorer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:49:07 AM »
Firefox is your friend :)
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:50:58 AM »
Err...what exactly do you mean when you say it "wont work"?

Are you getting a "Page cannot be displayed" (pre-IE 7 versions) or as in Internet Explorer 7 "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error?

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 08:33:50 AM »
i used to use Internet explorer.  i got so frustrated with it just not doing good in browsing.  wouldn't load pages right, wouldn't let me watch videos, etc.  so i did the unthinkable. 

switched to FireFox,  :eek:

and to my surprise it works GREAT.  faster load times, and better video watching capabilities, and it scrolls a little bit smoother.  the text is a little rough compared to IE but you will get used to it.  i thought that FireFox was UGLY looking but its way easy to download a nice vista aero theme for the FireFox. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline aaron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 08:56:20 AM »
Err...what exactly do you mean when you say it "wont work"?

Are you getting a "Page cannot be displayed" (pre-IE 7 versions) or as in Internet Explorer 7 "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error?

it gets the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error on all websites i try to view.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 09:00:47 AM »
make sure you are connected to Internet.  try to run the internet connection wizard by going to tools, then go to diagnosis connection problems and follow the directions on screen and it should do its work. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Offline aaron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »
It is connected.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »
something doesn't add up lol.  if you say you cant view any sites then how are you viewing this one lol.  well perhaps something is wrong with server you are connecting to.  do you know if that could be the problem. 

Offline aaron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
im not on explorer now im on bt internet but i dont like it so want to get back on explorer.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 10:11:16 AM »
hmmmm then im not sure what to say lol perhaps some other people can help. 

Offline aaron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 10:13:20 AM »
thanks for trying  :XD:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 10:30:12 AM »
im not on explorer now im on bt internet but i dont like it so want to get back on explorer.

"BT Internet" IS YOUR INTERNET, it's just going through your ISP's (BT's) portal, is all....

Some ISPs have it set up (AOL, yuck) so that you HAVE to go through their portal to reach the Internet....

Did you use to access the Internet before without going through BT's portal??  If so, did they do an update of their portal since then??

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:10:16 AM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 11:03:58 AM »
What I did when I was stuck with AOL (Mxy's right, EWW) was open AOL, then minimize it and use good ol' Firefox.

Did you try loading up BT, minimizing it and starting IE?
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »
What I did when I was stuck with AOL (Mxy's right, EWW) was open AOL, then minimize it and use good ol' Firefox.

Did you try loading up BT, minimizing it and starting IE?

Same thing I did. Boo AOL.  :-X

Offline aaron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »
Problem sorted. my firewall went strange and decided to block explorer. its working again now.  :toot: :yesyes:

thanks for everyones help and suggestions. :hurr:

Print