Print 

Author Topic: sound card/speakers issues  (Read 734 times)

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
sound card/speakers issues
« on: August 19, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »
hey
once again another problem with my computer even though its like brand new, but anyways,

i have been getting what seems like sound "glitches" or perhaps "volume fluctuations".  it happens every so often and my volume goes from loud to quiet to VERY loud to very quiet.  and sometimes it distorts sound a little.  it really can make things sound bad.  this also happens when i play halo.  does anybody know if this is a speaker problem for say i blew my speakers (wouldn't be surprised) or my sound card is messed.  thanks for any help.
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: sound card/speakers issues
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:32:40 AM »

Three rules of "networking and connected devices:"

Rule #1: Check the cables.

Rule #2: Check the cables.

Rule #3: Check the cables.

:winkgrin:

...And despite all that checking, you may have a speaker cable that's been rolled over by your chair one too many times and IT has a bad connection INSIDE the sheilding, where you can't see it.... (Try wiggling cables around while sound playing to check....)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
Re: sound card/speakers issues
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
ha that was fast but ill give it a try.  thanks and ill update as soon as i can. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Print