Print 

Author Topic: *FIXED* FPS Problems  (Read 1699 times)

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
*FIXED* FPS Problems
« on: August 23, 2008, 03:25:44 PM »
For the past week, I have been getting horrible FPS. Ranging from 3 - 15 on average. I didn't change any settings before I got this problem. Before I had constant 30 FPS. I think it may be my computer, the whole computer is like lagging, even when I type its very slow. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this or is it time for a whole new system. I'm hoping to hear whole new system.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 06:01:01 PM by BFM_Brick »
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline JôkÖr

• Regular Poster
Re: FPS Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
If its the whole computer lagging then to me it sounds like your using to much memory and or you have spyware/adware!

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:28:41 PM »
Try turning off decals if they're on. Anytime I have them on it drops me about 200 FPS for some reason.

Offline BFM_Nemesis

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:53:32 AM »
o.O...

Well windows for 1 are the best way from getting rid of *rubber rockets*...

If you like to play in full screen and hate a window try this...it is a window basically Full screen...it works (*cough* MaryK8, Elvis *cough*)

1) Right click on Halo, properties.

2) Where it has target, Press space bar and -window (this should basically be where youve put -console)

3) Get into Halo in the window (make sure its a window) press the window key (bottom right between control and alt or near the arrow keys) Click on the blue bar on the outside up the top (like you do to perhaps drag vent around the desktop) and drag to 1 of the corners (e.g. top left or right)

4) It should have re-entered halo now, so press the windows key again.

5) Click on the THIN blue bar on 1 of the bottom corners and drag it to the outside covering the whole screen.

6) DONE, a window in full screen. It SHOULD help your lag.

Remember with ^^ make sure your load the game from the icon or whereever you applied the command (like Xfire)

If you need screenies just ask Via PM and ill post them.

Also to increade FPS Instead of having in video options the FPS at 30FPS, try VYSNC or No VYSNC. ( think thats the spelling)

Hope it helps mate, GL.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »

Since you say that your problem extends BEYOND HALO, then yes, it is most likely something wrong with your overall system. (Well, duh!, right?)

So you need to narrow down the problem by eliminating each of the possible problem (contribution) areas.  Unfortunately you've given a WIIIIDE range for the problems, so my suggestions will have to be general soas not to make this post 2000 words long!:

- Clean up and defrag your hard drive.

- Use TaskManager (Performance tab) to see: 1) what your "Commit Charge" versus "Paging Memory" (very-bottom-right: XXX MB/ YYYYY MB) is; 2) how much is "in use" (i.e. stable "PF Usage" # in graph), and 3) how much "Physical Memory (K) Total" you have.

- I sure hope that you have a anti-malware software installed already!  If not, check the Task Manager "Processes" tab to see what's running on your machine. (Enable "Show processes from all users" and click the "CPU" label at the top of that column once or twice (until the process "System Idle Process" shows up at the top) and watch what other process names pop up near the top and take CPU time. Write down those that show up with non-zero numbers there fairly often.

If you don't have any anti-malware SW, then you'll need to get some and do several scans of your computer for bad Stuff - if it's not too late to find them any more....  ::)  ::) :-\

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 12:48:09 PM »
- Use TaskManager

Did you really have to link to Wikipedia for how to launch it?

You could have just said <CTRL> + <ALT> + <DELETE> to launch it... :-P
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 04:25:41 AM »
- Use TaskManager

This is Mxy we are talking about. :winkgrin:

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »
- Use TaskManager

This is Mxy we are talking about. :winkgrin:

Good point.
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Print