Print 

Author Topic: Cluck  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Çub

• Newbie Poster
  • "Why did I pick this username in 2006?" -me, 2022
Re: Cluck
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 07:50:28 AM »
Cluck does race well.. it only makes me wonder..
Thanks to Tanger and Spood

~Tanger

~Spood

Latin Quote of the Month:
Tempus Fugit - Time Flies

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
Cluck
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »
Got to finally witness this style of him.

Slayer with no cause
Nading lone hogs
Stopping to kill with R/L
Camping

Just terrible...

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline fLipSIDe

• Regular Poster
  • Hmm...wat u lookin' at mate!!??
    • Drum & Bass / Breakbeat / Dubstep Arena
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »
Yeh i noticed he wasnt really racing or following many of the rules :ssh:

- FLipSiDe
Drum & Bass / Breakbeat / Dubstep / Grime Arena - http://download.breakbeat.co.uk/

Thankyou to Arya for this Sig

Offline BFM_Noddu

• BFM Admin
  • An apple a day, keeps red team's rockets at bay.
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »
Wow... I've had previous experiences with this racer, besides unable to drive a hog to save his life I actually dare to admit... that on that occasion... he was alright.

Baring in mind he did speak with aggressive tone and was quite critical of his teammates.

Seems unpopular against many of you, did no one come to his birthday party or something?

I suggest close monitoring and alert him of us doing so, we should give him the benefit of the doubt... only one more chance.

If your reading this dear Cluck; promise to be good before we let you play with the other children  :)

Noddu xxx
Make way for Noddu. Lest he nods his head... in disapproval.

Offline cluck

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »
Was racing on sidewinder on BFM UK server No.6. Cluck killed me in what i initially thought was a well aimed chain gun attack. Cluck then stated that his driver was chasing. I then saw Cluck continue to fire the chain gun regardless that is driver was chasing. When i asked him why he was still firing even tho he (Cluck) was aware of what was happening he stated 'I cant control the world'.  bfm-JM in attendance at the time.

In fact I noted to the attending BFM that my driver was chasing, I checked the BFM rules and in fact I am not in violation when I gun at that time. As long as my driver is moving I am allowed to gun.

Change 1st paragraph to quote - Kiwi
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:28:39 PM by BFM_Kiwi »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 05:32:36 PM »
Cluck,

You are allowed to fire if your hog is moving and your driver is not violating any of the racing rules, which he was, so you should stop gunning and hogchat your driver to go to his navs.

Your driver was the one breaking the main rule, but you're sort of aiding and abetting if you also gun when he's chasing.

If you simply say "driver I'm not gunning until you stop chasing and go to your nav" ... problem solved.   It's fairer to the other team, and it gets the message across to your driver so he'll stop.

6.7. You may fire from the gunner's turret, or fire or grenade from the passenger seat, only if your hog is not breaking any of the camping rules. This means that the hog must be racing or picking up a passenger, and not chasing a kill. In this context, "racing" means:

Proceeding toward the next flag, OR

Driving to avoid being killed, while positioning to be able to resume proceeding toward the next flag.

Offline BFM_Nrvend

• General
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 04:48:31 AM »
Many of us have all been in this situation before. Knowing that your driver is wrong, there are a couple of possibilities you as a gunner can choose. If your driver starts chasing another hog it cannot obtain him any advantage unless you shoot. If you do not shoot it is just foolish driving, once you shoot you have just aided to chase killing and become just as guilty. So you can choose to not take advantage of the situation and notify your driver to stop chasing because you will not shoot or you too can take part of chase killing and shoot the chased hog. Chasing is chasing to kill, sometimes only the driver is guilty sometimes both the driver and gunner are guilty. Unfortunately you have no control over the drivers actions and his actions may get you killed. But you do have a choice of what you decide to do even if it means abandoning the hog. You may say this isn't fair to you, but is it fair to the hog or person that is being chased  to take advantage of the situation.

Offline goner

• Junior Poster
  • don' h8 tha playa h8 tha gammmmmmeeee :P
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »
i am glad that others have witnessed this fellows antics. i am glad also that nrvend also stated the rule to clarify things. when you notice that your driver is doing something questionable you also should know what is okay or not okay to do. i was present at this instance, but have also noticed some of his other 'tendencies' before this as well.
slumber will come soon, and you are helping put it to sleep; side by side we do our share, faithfully assuring, that slumber will come soon---

----bad religion

Print