Print 

Author Topic: Pre calc  (Read 3896 times)

Offline Flip

• Junior Poster
Pre calc
« on: September 12, 2008, 09:41:33 PM »
Wow im in junior year and first day of pre calc is soo hard like my brain is exploding

Thanks Zagwa!

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
Re: Pre calc
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:37:18 PM »
If you're going into any Science or Math related field, you're gonna need PreCalc and eventually Calculus.

By the way, I assume that by posting here you need help.  So, anything in PreCalc that you need help with?
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 12:08:15 AM »
Yep, learn it all while you can.  You'll use it later.  Don't just cruise through the class to simply pass... make sure you understand it.  It will help you out so much more down the road when taking College Calc and Calc 2.

Also, save all homework and notes you take.  You'll re-use those again too  :ssh:
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:23:04 AM »
...You too huh?  ;D

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 09:24:05 AM »
Heh heh, my PreCalc teacher told us (And this is true) that Calculus is just slopes and circles.

So, if you can take the derivitive of an equation, and if you can draw a circle, that's all there is too Calculus.  :winkgrin:

Of course, since there's 3 whole courses on Calculus in college, it gets a lot more in depth than that, but those are the basic ideas.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Toe Tag

• Junior Poster
  • You don't want any part of me.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 07:09:51 PM »
Flip, I salute you.  Pre-calc was the only course I failed.

Somebody told me that natural talents for mathematics, foreign languages, and music all ran together, i.e., a person good at one of those is good at all of them.  Has anybody here noticed that?

Me, I have a different take on it.  I think a person can excel in one, be better than average in another, and bomb the third.  I'm terrible at any mathematical endeavor more advanced than algebra.  I can carry a tune and play (or played) saxophone better than most people I know.  I shine at foreign languages and used them to good effect at play and work.

What to y'all think?  Is my observation seem valid or was I inattentive in math class?

LIfe is good.  Vacation is better!

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 07:08:38 AM »
Flip, I salute you.  Pre-calc was the only course I failed.

Somebody told me that natural talents for mathematics, foreign languages, and music all ran together, i.e., a person good at one of those is good at all of them.  Has anybody here noticed that?

Me, I have a different take on it.  I think a person can excel in one, be better than average in another, and bomb the third.  I'm terrible at any mathematical endeavor more advanced than algebra.  I can carry a tune and play (or played) saxophone better than most people I know.  I shine at foreign languages and used them to good effect at play and work.

What to y'all think?  Is my observation seem valid or was I inattentive in math class?

Flip-flop the explanation of mathematics and foreign languages and you have me  ;D

So yes your observation is valid

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 06:52:06 PM »
ya peeps who will i be able to talk to when i need pre-calc help?

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 07:06:03 PM »
Look here for all tutors for an endless amount of subjects!  Plus, you could just post in this thread, since it is named "Precalc"  ;D

Print