Print 

Author Topic: Spawn Time & TK  (Read 902 times)

Offline Legacy_GT

• Junior Poster
  • I drive to the end and gun till they're dead.
Spawn Time & TK
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:49:43 AM »
this has been bugging ever since i started playing in bfm servers how come u guys jave the respawn time for suicide so high cuz some times like when ur in a roket hog u accidently kill urself and u gotta w8 like 15 sec what up with that

and in kos and ctf u have tking on how come it is kinda dumb yesterday im playing ctf and i got in a shee and as i took off i kill a teamate and then i had a huge spawn time

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Spawn Time & TK
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 05:10:34 PM »
I can agree that the suicide respawn time can be annoying at times, but it is in place for a good reason. The first being if a player commits suicide to spawn at the opposing base, obviously they should incur a time penalty. Committing suicide to spawn at the other base though is obviously highly discouraged as we would much prefer you to drive there in a hog yourself. The other as you said occurs when a gunner shoots at a target that is too close to the hog. The gunners obviously have the advantage over unarmed lone hogs, and so a gunner who suicides should receive a time penalty during respawn as the other team deserves to respawn ahead of that player.

As for CTF that is a betrayal timer. It makes sense that if you kill your teammates you should be penalized next time you spawn. Even if you didn't mean it, it is a good deterrent from betraying and gives an incentive to players to be good teammates and look out for each other.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Print