Print 

Author Topic: nading at start of race  (Read 854 times)

Offline JARhead

• Junior Poster
nading at start of race
« on: September 27, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
I believed that it was accepted by all bfms that u couldnt nade at start when vehicles are availible. I had two bfms in one of ur games state that that wasnt true. Im just wanting clarification.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: nading at start of race
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
There are many grey areas in our rules where we rely on the judgment of the admins to decide what is "too much" and what is not.  Technically is it not accurate to say that you cannot nade at the start.  There are plenty of opportunities to legitimately defend yourself at the start of the map with a nade so we will not go so far as to outlaw nading at the start.  Of course attacking at the start can be taken way too far and that is what we want to discourage.  Every situation is different though and so you will see some differences in the way different admins handle these situations…that is just natural.  In general though, we will call it unneeded slayer if a player has to avoid racing, even for a moment, to make that attack.  For example a player may walk right past several available hogs to get a nade on an enemy chain hog that is alone and 50 meters away and only barely pinging him as it drives away....that is going to far and will merit a warning.  A player who just spawns and finds himself face to face with an enemy rocket hog that has a gunner loading up can be justified in tossing a nade to try and survive.  So there is no strict rule on whether nades are allowed or disallowed, it all comes down to whether or not that player is honestly just trying to defend themselves so they can get racing or whether that player is taking an opportunity to play a little slayer to rack up the kills...instead of getting to the racing.  I hope that all make some sense.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print