Print 

Author Topic: Having Trouble.....  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
Having Trouble.....
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »
Downloaded Halo custom edition.  Downloaded about 25 maps for it also.  I extracted all the maps to MicrosoftGames/HaloCustomEdition/Maps.  When I try to go into a map (like Yoyorast Island), and it says its having trouble loading the map file.  I updated everything for CE edition also.

Any suggestions........?

Offline Rypto

• Posts Too Much
Re: Having Trouble.....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »
Make sure you only move the .map file to the maps folder. The extract comes with a whole bunch of other useless files.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:07:11 AM »

A little MORE explanation: Save the ( .zip ) downloads SOMEPLACE OUTSIDE of the MAPS folder*, then DOUBLE-click each .ZIP file, one-at-a-time, and DRAG THE file with the .MAP extension ONLY from the pop-up Windows Explorer window into the MAPS folder. (You can then dismiss each popup after the drag-and-drop completes....)

Once completed you no longer need the .ZIP files that you downloaded. (But if you've got the disk space, save them so you can check which version/file you got of that map and from where....)

* Halo CE scans EVERY FILE IN THE MAPS FOLDER upon startup, so having more files in there makes it start up slower, ans slower, and slower....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:57:17 AM »
Thanks guys!  Dragging just the .map files into the maps folder worked.   d_b

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 02:16:54 AM »
Since the topic could cover just about anything to do with CE ...
I dowloaded all the maps from http://www.bfmracing.com/maps/Race and all but
1 map works, skullcanyon doesn't work despite me having dowloaded it 5 times to get it to work, i know i'm unpacking it properly i just don't know whats wrong with it

Print