Print 

Author Topic: Halo Recon  (Read 4319 times)

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Halo Recon
« on: October 11, 2008, 10:18:33 AM »
Hey all,

just heard about this new Halo themed game without Master Chief on the XBox 360 due to release next fall.
It's an FPS, still holding out hope for some remote chance of having the racing game type in there.

Check out the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6199075.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6199075
[img

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
Re: Halo Recon
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »
Yip I heard 'bout it. LOOKS AWESOME BTW :yesyes:. Might kill the Halo series though. without masterchief  :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief: :chief:

Offline KØËHL£®

• Senior Poster
  • »Püre Intimidatiön²
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »
I'm not so sure that it'll kill the Halo series. This storyline fills in the gap on what is happening back on Earth while Master Chief is on Halo Delta (time timeline between Halo 2 and Halo 3).

Having read the three main books that make up the Halo series, this game and its storyline comes as fully intriguing to me.  :)

Now if only I had an Xbox 360!  :'(
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body;
But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting:
HOLY SMOKES! WHAT A RIDE!

KØËHL£® - Over and Out, 7-3's 8-8's

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:53 PM »
This is actually an expansion to Halo 3....

Meaning, its the same engine, the same gameplay.

Its just another story and more content.

In other words, its cheaper then most games (since it doesn't have to make a new engine)
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 05:04:18 AM »
The trailer looks wicked i'm looking forward to seeing getting it or pre-ordering it to be ensured a copy!

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 08:52:55 AM »
I'm curious to see how gameplay changes with it, as you are an ODST (ODST's go in feet first, HOOAH!!!), ahem, sorry. But you won't have the shield system or the enhanced strength of the Chief, meaning that Melee attacks against a Brute are just going to annoy it before it pummels you into Marine Pate.

Rumor has is that the game is supposed to be a squad based game, and that conjures up images of Republic Commando (great game, FYI). I'll keep an eye out on this one, and FYI if you want a direct feed to that video download, it's on the front page of gryphonosiris.blogspot.com

(yeah sorry about the shameless plug there.)

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
It just wont be the same without Masterchief!! :'(.

Again looks AWESOME though.

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 02:59:39 PM »
Now if only I had an Xbox 360!  :'(

:'(

Same :'(.... I would buy one for this and the rest of the halo series though :P

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »
Huh. I'll reserve my comments for the moment. All I hope for is that it doesn't turn into another Halo Wars, which sucked imo.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »
Squad based and driving everyone in a hog from locale to locale.... I can only hope. That would be so awesome.  ;D
[img

Offline Lord Kira

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 11:12:43 AM »
It should be...interesting. I'm somewhat ticked since it will only have 3-5 hours of offline gameplay and since I don't have the luxury of live that's a slight problem for me ><. On another note though it should be interesting since Chief is approximately 7 feet tall and elites are 8 feet just how is a 6 foot(my guess) ODST supposed to head shot that from close range =/
Meh, I'm too tired to come up with a good signature.

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 07:10:19 PM »
I have Xbox live in I was crusing through the market place for Halo 3 things and I saw Halo 3 recon, so I watched the trailer, but it appears it has changed its name from Halo 3 recon to Halo 3 ODST

Offline Êmü

• Junior Poster
  • Don't Mess with the bird
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »
hey guys just so you know Halo 3 recon has now been changed to Halo 3 ODST. cant wait for it to come out

later
Wrangervasey
“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” ”
—Pope John Paul II

Thanks goes to my little bro Xsix for this awsome sig

Offline D:

• Junior Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 03:00:40 AM »
Someone gift me an xbox 360 of christmas or Birthday it pass 5 this month but never is late :P hehe i heard is good i wish ihad and xbox 360 :S
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:29:45 PM by BFM_Basanio »

Thx Mc§kittles

Print