Print 

Author Topic: calling all nintendo ds fans  (Read 2423 times)

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
calling all nintendo ds fans
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:51:29 AM »
maybe you have already heard of this but i think it would be interesting to see what some people think about the new nintendo ds.  the nintendo dsi. 

# Overall size has been reduced -- DSi is 12% or 2.6 millimeters slimmer than the Lite.
# Comes with an external 0.3 Megapixel camera (for 640 x 480 pixel pictures) and a VGA camera located on the hinge, directed towards the user. You'll be able to edit pictures using the touchscreen.
# Full music playback functionality, including adjustable pitch and playback speed.
# Both screens have been expanded to 3.25 inches.
# SD memory card slot is included, and there'll be on-board memory also.
# Will ship with an built-in Nintendo DS web browser.
# DSi will allow users to download games from DSWare, a new service that operates with Wii Points -- or, as they are now known, Nintendo Points.
# Logging onto DSWare for the first time will grant users 1,000 free Nintendo Points.
# DSWare comes in four pricing categories: free (!), 200 Nintendo Points, 500 Nintendo Points, and 800 Nintendo Points.
# Will come in lovely matte white and matte black. Begone, foul fingerprints that have taunted us so!
information provided by dsfanboy website. 

here is another link as to where you can read more about it. 

http://www.nintendo-dsi.org/news/nintendo-dsi-announced-during-japanese-nintendo-media-summit/#more-3

all i know is i am definitely getting this.  as soon as this hits stores in the US, expected mid to late 2009, i am going to trade in my Nintendo ds lite and buy one of these beautiful systems.  if you ask me this is worth the money. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
Re: calling all nintendo ds fans
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 05:48:07 AM »
That sound very cool, very very cool *wishes he had one*

Offline Glêññ Z

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »
i wont one :Woop:

Offline MusicGamer

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »
Hmm...well, here's my take on it.
Ok, so perhaps it LOOKS cool (from what I've heard, it SOUNDs cool, too).  However, I've noticed that, unlike the Lite, the DSi can't play Game Boy Advance games (they had to take out the little slot at the bottom of the DSi for some reason).  Now, I don't know about you all, but I still play various Game Boy Advance games that I like a lot.  For example, there's Mario & Luigi:  Superstar Saga; Legend of Zelda:  A Link to the Past; the various Pokemon games (there, I said it.); and several others whose names don't really come to mind at the moment but will probably come to me at some point.
So...yeah.  There's my 2 cents.  *throws in two pennies*

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »
i can see your point of no GBA and still play them.  i still play some GBA games such as the nes classic series but that's where my GBA advance comes into play.  but my GBA is getting a little tired so perhaps a nintendo GBA micro. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:56:39 PM »
Integrate a phone into it.  :)
[img

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »
Extra, Extra!  The DS is now a PSP!!!! :LOL:

Actually, it would be more accurate to say that the DSi is just a phone that can play DS games.  But then again, with emulators everywhere, you could be playing DS games on your phone in a couple years.

I don't see the point in making the DSi, other than they can.
It should be around $200-250 when it comes to America, depending on how well it sells in Japan.
I can get a phone for around $50.  Emulators are generally free.  Hmm... :interesting:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:13:54 PM by BFM_Goalie »
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Print