Print 

Author Topic: Key not working  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
Key not working
« on: August 30, 2007, 06:06:16 PM »
It is odd. My "Q" key in game is linked to switching my nade type and is working fine for that, but in the chat when I try to use it to type a word, it does not work. Any ideas?

Offline Neeox

• Newbie Poster
Re: Key not working
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »
I wouldn't have a clue.
Might just wanna switch it back to its original and see if it will still type in chat

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:03:34 PM »
I have heard lately that people are having other letters stop working for them. Do a full restart (shut down and leave the computer powered off for a minute or more and then start it up again.) then see if the same problem is occuring. Also, what server were you in?
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Thanks for the sig BFM_H@ngm@n

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 07:11:47 PM »
I don't know if this is related at all to your problem, but I know that xfire has something to do with people's "s" keys not working and they sent out a system broadcast telling people how to fix it.  I don't know if this is your problem, but you might wanna at least go to the Xfire site and investigate a little.  let me know if that helps at all :-\

Sonic
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:59:01 PM »
STOP!  Use Sonic's link to fix your Xfire and it should all work out.  Worked for me and others already!     d_b
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 08:45:32 PM »

GAH!

That's a generic link to the main site!

HERE'S the link to the xfire forum thread about the problem and some (possible?) workarounds, but the latest post from xfire TS "mfive" says:

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:40 am

Disregard my post above.
[Where mfive describes that it is to be fixed in the forthcoming major (2.0) release instead of a quick-fix release.]

We're going to release one more fixed build to fix the stuck modifier key.

Announcement coming soon.

Result: Live with it a little longer, (or read through the thread for workarouns to try) and all will be better....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 07:17:52 AM »
lol kk thanks. It is the "Q" so not used much but it did seem to start with the last xfire upgrade. I'll read the thread but since it is not a big deal, will probably wait for the patch.

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »
Xfire= destroying the gaming world ;D

Offline Mr Ninja

• Posts Too Much
  • RIP Bud
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »

Re-Vamping it  ;)

:ninja:

A Big thanks to McSkittles for the Ninja sig

Offline Ediseye

• Posts Too Much
  • And t3h shark eatz itz
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 02:19:04 PM »

D:

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 11:14:50 PM »

D:

They are! All these updates for something that already works...I beleive Randy said the same thing.

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 02:10:18 PM »
lol kk thanks. It is the "Q" so not used much but it did seem to start with the last xfire upgrade. I'll read the thread but since it is not a big deal, will probably wait for the patch.
There is already a patch, you just have to download it.  VERY easy instruction even!   violin
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »
Link to instructions within 1st post here in xfire forums

The second method worked for me, and RebelTM told me about it, so I'd assume that he did it too....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 07:49:49 PM »
NO, I am on vista which doesnt seem to be affected by this problem. I just read the thread and found the answer.
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Thanks for the sig BFM_H@ngm@n

Print