Print 

Author Topic: xbox 360 vs the ps3 vs the Wii  (Read 4857 times)

Offline hotshot

• Newbie Poster
xbox 360 vs the ps3 vs the Wii
« on: January 07, 2009, 09:26:56 AM »
sup guys this is hotshot in this group u can tell ur views about the 360,ps3 or the Wii        :drool:

Offline =Rival=

• Regular Poster
  • Cymru am Byth! :)
Re: xbox 360 vs the ps3 vs the Wii
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »
Every console has its own strengths and weaknesses. My personal opinion:

Best Graphics: PS3 (slightly, but it makes a BIG difference) - Call Of Duty: World at War looks absolutely stunning.
Best Selection of Games: Xbox 360 - Only MGS4 is missing from a near perfect list.
Best Community/Online Features: Xbox 360 - Online play/Downloads are much easier to access and manage.
Most Reliable: PS3 - No RROD! As reliable as the PS2 was.
Most Fun/Durability: Wii - Fun on your own. Endlessly addictive with a crowd.
Best value for money: PS3 - Yes, it's still around £100 more than a good 360, but for the PS3 price you get the complete package. First off, it's wireless ready, which was essential for me (that's £50 saved over the 360 already), also as mentioned above, it's very reliable (nowhere near as many repairs needed), the graphics appear slightly sharper, online play is completely free, and it supports Blu-ray. So really it's not only a games console, but also a very powerful DVD player! PS3 prices have been tumbling lately too!

For me however, it came down to one choice - Metal Gear Solid 4 or Halo 3...

No contest...MGS4!  ;D

P.S. As you've probably noticed, I'm not a massive fan of the Wii ::)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »

Best Value: Old 8-bit NES units bought at garage sales....

(I have almost 100 cart's for them now, too...)

RETRO RULZ!!!

:P

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
When you grow up around Nintendo, you tend to not care about graphics anymore :P

Wii FTW (only system out of the three you mentioned I have)

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »
All I have is the Wii...

IMO...

IT ROCKS! :D

Offline HOBOLAGGIN

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 05:38:25 PM »
I find that the the Wii gets a bit repetative after a while. IMO, PS3 wins by far!

^^Thanks Soz 0wned^^

Offline Xelio

• Senior Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »
i think the wii is the best because i have it :P but i think it has the best games because of the mario games :XD: (but it sucks that it doesn't have halo)

Applied for Recruitment - October 24, 2008

Vent Access - January 23, 2009
Little Tags - March 28, 2009
Big Tags - April 25, 2009
Left BFM - April 12, 2010

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:47:54 PM »
Wii... it has outsold the rest for a reason.

Offline UCANTSEEME

• Senior Poster
  • Mnid pwoer is the olny way to sccuses.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »
I find that the the Wii gets a bit repetative after a while. IMO, PS3 wins by far!

Couldn't of said it better myself.... I rent from the video stores so I get a good variety of each gaming system. 

The computer is always going to be there... Gaming systems (xbox,wii,p3,etc) will be old in a matter of months.

CU on the track!

Sig by Hlao

Big thanks to Geekums and Slayton for the sig!

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 07:13:35 AM »
Well I have to say the Wii is a very fun system to play. It wasn't designed to have the best graphics it was desigened around playability. It definintly lived up to what they wanted. I think it is hard to put the Wii in with the Xbox and PS3 because it wasnt' intended to compete with them. It is a whole different system for a different base.I love the Wii and everything it brings. Great for a family with kids. Now between the Xbox and PS3 I have to go PS3. It comes with way more right out the box. You can surf the web and Watch HD movies with out paying any extra. You can play online as long as you have a connection. No subscription to Bill Gates Live.  ;D The Xbox was the best when it came out against the PS2 But PS3 has blown away the 360. The games for the PS3 are getting more diverse by the week. Xbox is good for Halo other than that, I go with the other two.  :winkgrin:

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 03:48:15 PM »
Well I have to say the Wii is a very fun system to play. It wasn't designed to have the best graphics it was desigened around playability. It definintly lived up to what they wanted. I think it is hard to put the Wii in with the Xbox and PS3 because it wasnt' intended to compete with them. It is a whole different system for a different base.I love the Wii and everything it brings. Great for a family with kids. Now between the Xbox and PS3 I have to go PS3. It comes with way more right out the box. You can surf the web and Watch HD movies with out paying any extra. You can play online as long as you have a connection. No subscription to Bill Gates Live.  ;D The Xbox was the best when it came out against the PS2 But PS3 has blown away the 360. The games for the PS3 are getting more diverse by the week. Xbox is good for Halo other than that, I go with the other two.  :winkgrin:

Good, accurate synopsis, I reckons :)

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline headshot

• Newbie Poster
  • Always trust the Jeep.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »
.....Now between the Xbox and PS3 I have to go PS3. It comes with way more right out the box. You can surf the web and Watch HD movies with out paying any extra. You can play online as long as you have a connection. No subscription to Bill Gates Live.  ;D The Xbox was the best when it came out against the PS2 But PS3 has blown away the 360. The games for the PS3 are getting more diverse by the week. Xbox is good for Halo other than that, I go with the other two.

Yeah I would go with the PS3. It dose have way sharper graphics because of blue ray..(let me go on to the point in what I am trying to say here)

"techno-speaking" with the tech on PS3, Developers have only begun to scratch the surface with this system. Games that are out for it do not even use PS3's full capabilities .. Its mind blowing when you actually read about the hardware inside.

the only problem is, is that (para stated above), game development for ps3 takes a long time. that's why most of PS3's games are ported from xb360 Games, It saves time and money to keep Ps3's games "just a little" better by porting them . But that's what we see with 3rd party software for this sys. first party software (software only available for PS3) is graphically Way better than anything that is first party for Xb360.

Also the PS3 Is a True 1080p System, thanks to blue ray. the Xbox 360 Is 720p for its HD-DVD. its the hardware that speaks for their system. I hate it when my friends who have a 360 say that its 1080p just like Ps3, but its not. is has not the Drive hardware to deliver it, it may have the cards that can, but the 360 is crippled by that hd-dvd drive.

compared to the XB360  the PS3 has a lot more to deliver, I just can't wait for Sony's "copy" of "Live" , and its free. And I love NPPL Paintball. game Rock's

Offline Stretch

• Newbie Poster
  • Yeah im a Steelers fan...and Im proud of it!!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »
I have never played a ps3 but they sound like good grafics...but im ganna have to go with wii and 360 because i love halo 3 and i love to bowl...and race in nascar kart racing...:P

Offline bowler

• Newbie Poster
  • what go`s around come`s around
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »
360 enough said lol

im as stealthy as a dog??? :yesyes:

race rank:Current Rank: 1643   Current Score: 1068.03
over all rank for all types:bowler Sergeant
thats my skorcard : )well for that :/

Pets name: pangy
Adopt your own!

Offline BFM_Speedy

• BFM Admin
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 06:14:57 AM »

Best Selection of Games: Xbox 360 - Only MGS4 is missing from a near perfect list.

i have to agree with Rival
i reckon 360 is the best, but it is just missing mgs4  :mike:

oh well i still got halo 3 thats good enough  ;D

Thanks Perfect for the top sig
Thanks to Blitz for the middle sig
And thanks to Mith for the team sig    

Print