Print 

Author Topic: The Noctua nh-u12p  (Read 722 times)

Offline Nemi

• Newbie Poster
The Noctua nh-u12p
« on: February 12, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
I have had my computer for 1 1/2 year now and ive been very happy with it. the only thing that annoyed me was the noice. I't sounded like a airplane in the corner, and all i wanted was a computer that was silent.

6 days ago i decided to buy the Noctua nh-u12p fan and heatsink + 4 extra silent fan's. It was not that difficult to install it, the only thing that could be difficult for some people is that you have to take out the motherboard to mount the bracket's.

So far I'm very happy with it, the core temperature is around 36 - 40 'C on 0 - 10 % load and 48 - 52 'C on 50 - 80 % load.

And when im sitting next to it i can bearly hear it.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: The Noctua nh-u12p
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 05:35:36 PM »
Eww, it's brown. I think a few flowers would make it better. [/girl]

But seriously, a see-through case and some cool-looking light up thingie in the corner and a big brown and beige fan in the middle? You'd think the makers of the Noctua nh-u12p would think more aesthetically, especially when displaying your computers' guts is all the rage today.

Have I missed the point? ;D

Offline Glêññ Z

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »
i want some silant fanes for my xbox 360, their so loud

Offline Nemi

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:31:24 AM »
I know its big and ugly, but the point is it's one of the most silent fans on the market  :P The noice from the computer is under 20 db now. And it doesn't look that bad when it's dark in the room.

Print