Print 

Author Topic: Clarification on attitude toward players please.  (Read 1166 times)

Offline A Meteor

• Newbie Poster
Clarification on attitude toward players please.
« on: March 14, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »
I was in one of your servers today.  A player was misbehaving and was called on it many times during a game.   At the end of the game, that the player won by misbehaving, bfm_fraggle chatted: "Good game xxxx and xxxx".
I chatted something on the order of "you congratulate him after what he's done?"

bfm_fraggle replied, please don't question me. [or something very close to that.  Certainly the intent is correct]

Does the BFM hierarchy condone congratulating people that win by misbehaving?

quote from your front page on the website:

"With our commitment and emphasis on family ideals and moral values, it makes Beg for Mercy a pleasant group to associate with, thus ensuring the racing and gaming pleasure for all guests to be upheld to its fullest extent."

bfm_fraggle's behaviour in rewarding [from an authority figure] bad behaviour, or attempting to use his authority to crush any questioning of that authority stops cold  BFM servers from being "a pleasant group to associate with...".

I don't know what country bfm_fraggle is from, but I an from a country with free speech, and I call people on hypocrisy.

So, am I thought to be out of line feeling this way?

A. Meteor. :)

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Clarification on attitude toward players please.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 02:58:18 PM »
Well you are not necessarily wrong for feeling that way but it does seem to me to be a bit on the short sighted side.  A statement like you made makes some assumptions about what that admin does and does not know or what it is they have seen and what decisions have been made concerning that players actions.  Your statement also assumes that the misbehavior is what got them the win.  I seriously doubt that is the case.  Misbehavior almost always results in less successful racing.  I have seen many capable racers though stop for a moment to break a rule (chase kill or whatever) but then get right back to racing.  In the end it was not the bad behavior that won them the map it was the time they spent racing properly.  We warn/kick/ban players for bad behavior but we also congratulate them for good racing...if both of those go to the same player at different times then so be it.  If they don't cut out the bad behavior then we will end up kicking/banning a good racer but as long as we congratulate them for the good racing that they did they are going to be more likely to expand their good behavior and reduce their bad behavior.  We don't toss out good manners and good sportsmanship so easily and I can site many success stories of players who started out as trouble makers and turned it all around only because of the patience we had to do exactly as I describe.  So I do understand what you are saying and many of us can feel the same way at times but we do think it's the right thing to do to maintain the atmosphere of good sportsmanship even when it is difficult.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline A Meteor

• Newbie Poster
Re: Clarification on attitude toward players please.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »
Ok, Thank You Booyah.

A Meteor

Print