Print 

Author Topic: WOW!!!!! And its down to the WIRE! Who will make it?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
WOW!!!!! And its down to the WIRE! Who will make it?
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:01:20 AM »
What a battle for 3rd place in the scrim season last night. Elvis/Dragster/Ben vs Booyah/Ref. We had 3 teams fighting to get into the playoffs and also fighting for 3rd place going into the playoffs. Two of those teams played each other last night. Team Booyah/Ref vs Team Elvis/Dragster/Ben.  Team Elvis went up in the match 3-1. I guess that was a big mistake for my team to go up 3-1. It seemed we just made them decide its time to open up a can and come kick our butts! They won the next 2 maps by killing us over and over. Booyah was on FIRE! Wow what great shooting. They tied it up 3 - 3. Then team Elvis went up 4 - 3. Then Team Booyah started Sidewinder by just totally killing my whole team. They just totally killed us and took control. So now they take Sidewinder. So the maps are tied 4 -4 WOW what a Match!   Well now here we go to the tiebreaker. Tiebreaker map? Bloodgulch!

Lets also remember that their are 3 teams fighting to make the playoffs and fighting for 3rd place. Team Booyah off the start against destroys team Elvis. They took control. They started off 4 -0 with map rotation. Then team Elvis started making some good shots. That got them back in the game. The big advantage wasn't the great shooting of my team but rather when we killed team booyah they continued to spawn at the wrong base. This allowed us to comeback and take Rotation but only by a split second. We got nine and then they got nine right on our heels. Finally its 14 to 13 Team Elvis ahead. Coming off second Cliff is team Booyah with 2 players in the hog. I'm driving the map watching them helplessly trying to get to second cliff. I had no gunner. All I could do is watch them drive in for what I thought would be the win. But as soon as they came in only one of the players in the hog scored. WOW we still have a shot. Me and another teammate hook up on the way to  second cliff while Team booyahs team is heading up second cliff firing at us. We get shot off the cliff and knocked out of the hog but live. I jump in the hog quickly while the my other teammate walks in assuring one of us will make it in. Well we made it and Team Elvis won by a split second. OMG WHAT A MATCH! This is what scrimming is all about. Both teams playing very clean and it being a totally clean racing war won at the VERY last second!

I really cant describe how much fun and how great of a match this was. I really wish we could record these matches so everyone could join in and see how much fun these CPT scrims are and especially an important match like tonight's and how really close it was until the very end. This is what HALO is all about! Great teams in a family server showing respect to each other while not giving up an inch of ground. Super match Team Booyah well played. IN the end the spawns on the last map got you. You guys out gunned us the last map and we got the breaks. It was just simply two very good teams having a racing war!

Well now what? The matches tonight gave Mr Do/NavyJayHawk 1st place going into the playoffs. 2nd Place going into the playoffs is Team Joxer/Brick. 3rd Place belongs to Team Elvis/Ben/Dragster.

well what about the final playoff spot? 4th Place? Well that will be decided tonight. If team Booyah wins his match tonight they are in the playoffs. If they loose then they need Team Elvis to beat team Cool. IF team Cool beats Team Elvis and Team Booyah loses, then Cool/Kakashi take the final playoff spot. We play the whole season and it comes down to just one game. WOW JUST WOW! I think I have said that before :)

Congrats to all the teams and great job to everyone. This has been an awesome season and if the playoffs go as the season has, then everyone will be on the edge of their seats in the scrim and it will be won by the best team at the very last second. We shall see! Up date to follow tomorrow so we all know who takes 4th. Good Luck Team Cool/Kakashi and good luck to team Booyah/Ref!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 05:20:07 AM by BFM_Elvis »

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: WOW!!!!! And its down to the WIRE! Who will make it?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:04:53 AM »
Good Luck to all teams competing! Long live the Blue Smurfs! (aka Team Dstroyr)!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:10:19 AM »
Last night was the most fun I'd ever had in a scrim, it was the BEST scrim I've played in!

Both teams played BRILLIANTLY  d_b

Offline Dragster

• Posts Too Much
  • My parking skillz^
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 05:11:32 AM »
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Very awesome match! Booyah was killing us  :evil:

Thanks Slayton!!
- Dragster is no NUB. He R teh best!

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 05:29:04 AM »
Oh let me add this VERY important update. We could have history in the making this season. This means a very good record could fall this season.

The record for wins was set in season 8. That team won every match but one. They only lost one match during the regular season and didn't even lose a game in the playoffs. Almost a perfect season. That is just simply very hard to do. I honestly thought that record would stand for a very long time. Well this season Team Mr Do/Navy have a great chance of breaking that record. They are down to the last match of the regular season and haven't lost one match yet. If they win tonight they are the only team to finish the regular season undefeated. Then if they go into the playoffs and not lose one game, then they could possibly have a PERFECT SEASON! Good Luck Team Mr Do! What you guys have done this season is just truly remarkable!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 05:36:05 AM by BFM_Elvis »

Offline Rypto

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »
This season has been awesome. All the teams are so close together in skill that it usually just comes to how the spawns are. Nevertheless, Team Mr Do's record has stunned us all, they have won through the good and the bad spawns. It will be a great match tonight when my team, Team Joxer, will play Mr Do's team. Good luck to Booyah/Ref and Cool/Kakashi for making the playoffs! You both are great teams.

Offline Fanatic

• Senior Poster
  • War does not determine who's right, but who's left
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:30 AM »
This season has truly been amazing. I am glad to have been able to be apart of such and amazing team, Joxer - Brick. Tonights match against Mr.Do's team will be loads of fun and I cant wait!!!! Good luck to the teams fighting for the playoffs!!!

Thanks BigmanJT!                                                              Thanks Spood!

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »
Sounds like an awesome match guys, and way to pull through Elvis/Ben/Dragstr! Wish I could've been there!

Offline Sprite

• Junior Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 01:16:23 PM »
Goodluck everyone! :-)

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »
Good luck everyone!

If you guys break the season 8 record I will personally strangle NavyJayHawk. I'll spare you though, Mr. Do :) :XD: :LOL:

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Mith

• Posts Too Much
  • Gandalf to the rescue
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
Yes that scrim against Booyahs team was by far the best game I have ever had the chance to take part in.  Booyah's team played so well I thought they had us that last map.  By the end I didn't care who won, I was having so much fun!

Thanks Vintage, it's awesome!

"Ah, but a man's reach should extend his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

What's this kiwi y'all are talking about?  Sounds like a fruit.
The Journey of Mith
Applied for BFM-March 9, 2008
Given Vent-April 29, 2008
Little Tags-May 26, 2008
Big Tags-July 24, 2008
Corporal-January 8, 2009
Left BFM-July 26, 2009
Little Tags Again-October 26, 2009
Big Tags Again-January 10, 2010
Corporal Again-August 8, 2010

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 05:19:40 PM »
Good Luck All Involved :)

Print