Print 

Author Topic: Halo in game Lag  (Read 739 times)

Offline Nemi

• Newbie Poster
Halo in game Lag
« on: April 08, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »
Hey  :)

I would be very gratefull if anyone can help me with this and  I know i had a a old topic about this issue but i wanted to create a new one because a lot has changed since then.

I start up Halo and join a Internett server, i got about 200 to 500 FPS, The problem starts after  two minutes then my FPS drops to 10 when i look into big areas (like when you are at a base in Blood gulch and look to the center of the map), but when i turn around or walk in the bunker i got over 200 FPS again. I don't have the same problem in Halo single player or in any other games. Ive also tried every single settings in the Halo menu and no Help.

Ive had severeal Driver updates on all components in my computer with no luch  :P

I still got the same graphic card, Nvidia 8800 GTS OC edition (640 mb). You can also find my system in the gaming rig topic.

Since last time i posted ive changed the following things:
Vista 64 Bit (had 32 bit).
1000 w PSU.
Cable and not wireless!
Much better cooling.
New ram and soundcard.
Tried severeal different drivers for my Video card.

When i first got my computer rig halo ran just fine, but i dont know what happened since i started to have FPS problems  :'(

____
Nemi

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
Re: Halo in game Lag
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »
Try turning off decals. For some reason with my old 9600 GT, my FPS would drop like you are saying to 10-20 FPS, turn decals off, and back up to 100+.

Hope this works for you.

Offline Nemi

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »
Thank's a lot!!!  :yesyes: it works great now!

only thing is my gpu started to make a weird noice  :P only happening when i turn halo on  :bang:

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
My card did that too. It made a high squeaky any time Halo opened up... not sure what causes that.

Offline Nemi

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »
sounds exactly  like the thing my card does now, but im not gonna complain  :) Temp is fine and halo runs well.

thanks a lot for the help  :) :)

Print