Print 

Author Topic: Microphone question  (Read 751 times)

Offline PR_o__O

• Newbie Poster
Microphone question
« on: April 12, 2009, 10:30:55 PM »
I bought a microphone from a local tech store w/ my allowance (Keep in mind I'm ***)  and i was excited to use it (but i don't get vent access in another 10-15 days) so i decided to c how the sound is. so once halo started at the main screen and the sound was muffled and low so i thought it needed to be broken in. After 3 or 4 days it sounded the same so that was that its as good its gonna get so i go back to my regular earmuffs (no microphone) and after 20 or 30 min an idea hit me: Maybe i can some how use the good earmuffs and the microphone with the bad sound. So i started brainstorming and the best and most comforatable way was to remove the removable ear clip and some how Krazy Glue the microphone onto the ear piece on the earmuffs. So before i start gluing them i thought of something: On vent does the radio transmitions enter through the microphone earmuffs or the regular earmuffs.

So i guess my real question is: Does the radio transmitions from BFM's enter through the microphone earmuffs or CAN it go through any earmuff.

(Please don't post any personal information for your own protection - BFM_JRock)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:03:08 AM by BFM_JRock »
Registered onto Forums: January 9, 2009
1st time up for Recruitment: January 15, 2009
Denied from Recruitment: February 1, 2009
2nd time up for Recruitment: March 26, 2009
Offered Ventrillo: May 2, 2009
Recruited (bfm) : Pending

Thanks for the sig Arya

(\¤-¤/) (\__/) These are bunnies.
(='.'=) (='.'=) Copy and paste Bunnies into your
(")_(") (")_(") signature to help them gain world domination.

Offline Rypto

• Posts Too Much
Re: Microphone question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »
Usually a headset microphone has two wires that you plug in to your computer: a green and a pink wire. The green wire is for your incoming sound, and the pink wire is for the microphone. So, you can put the pink microphone wire in to the computer of your new microphone and the green wire for your old headset. This way you can hear from the old earmuffs and use the new mic at the same time.

Print