Print 

Author Topic: *sorry if this has already been done* Fun Facts about Members!!  (Read 40819 times)

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
Hello BFM_,

I thought it would be exciting to learn some fun facts about some of the BFM and non bfm members on the forums!

Rules...
1. Nothing achol related
2. Nothing too personal
3. Make it exciting
4, If it wouldnt be allowed in the servers dont say it...
5. something that you could/would be comftroble discussing..

I will start this off...

Well a fun fact about FORDY is that i'm 100% deft in my left ear.. It picks up no sound/vibrations at all.. I have been like this since Birth... (we think.. it was either -> i was born like this or i got it as a reaction to having a very Chicken Pox infection.. )  I would be more then happy to answer any questions that somebody might have... You can PM me it and i will answer it as soon as i can..

Somebody else have a fun fact??

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: *sorry if this has already been done* Fun Facts about Members!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:42:30 PM »

I think this is a great idea for a thread.  I've thought of starting something similar.  Maybe we can move it out of forum games even.

Please do keep to the rules about posting personal information or we'll have to remove the thread!

Anyway, my interesting fact is after I worked for about 8 years, I bought a 30 ft sailboat, and sailed it from N. Carolina to Ft Lauderdale, Bahamas, US Virgin Islands, through Panama Canal, then through Galapagos Islands, Easter Island, Tahiti, Cook Islands, Tonga and Fiji, then down to New Zealand.  I did this mostly on my own - I picked up a crew members (hitchhikers basically) a few times, but mostly singlehanded.   Got to NZ and was tired of picking up navs and decided to stop and camp for awhile  ;D

Offline BFM_LËÕ

• Sergeant
  • Brohoof
    • My Sigs
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 01:29:44 AM »
well il go next

im not that fun so it might not be a fun fact but  when i was 8 my brothers were riding a tandem bike and thay wouldn't let me on ( i was too small  ::) ) so me being silly i hid behind a tree and as thay were flying  down the hill  i JUMPED OUT AND YELLED SURPRISE!! i cant remember much after that  :P
There is no Them. There are only facets of Us.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »
Almost 7 years and 3 jobs later, and still my name and quote are printed in those little McDonalds information booklets. Apparently my quote (originally a reply on a staff questionnaire) from back when i was in mid teens, had prevented a budget cut by taking out the happymeal box and using normal paper bags here in the UK.

Didnt even know about this myself until mid last year!

Yes boys and girls of Great Britain!
I am the reason your "maccy Ds" still puts a smile on your face!
I am the reason you can still play with your food packaging!
I am the reason your happymeals still come with a toy in a funky little cardboard box,
with cut/tear-out cartoon figurines and face masks!   
:Woop:  ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Posts Too Much
  • I've never cooked prawns on the Barbie
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:03:39 AM »
im a trained lifegaurd that can barily swim.
History of Jimmy
Applied 16th Feb 2007
Recruited 28th April 2007
Big Tags 8th Jun 2007
Corporal March 25th 2008
Head Corporal July 8th 2008
Sargeant Aug 17th 2008
Lieutenant Nov 11th 2008

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:05:27 AM »
What's the quote, Octane? Sounds cool =D

Okay, my turn:

I hold an official Australian and (as far as I know) World Record for the highest play in a sanctioned Scrabble tournament for a word that did not span two triple word scores. (A word that spans two triple word scores receives a bonus of 9x the original score, so removing this possibility means a lower scoring word, which I hold the record for :D)

EDIT: For interests sake, the word is "BEZIQUES", played with no blanks. It scored 164 points.

Definition: Bezique (in French, bézique) is a melding and trick-taking card game for two players.

EDIT2: The above is the name of the game, and therefore would not be allowed in Scrabble as it is a proper-noun. HOWEVER, any meld you make in the game is also called a bezique and for some reason this word and its plural is allowed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:14:18 AM by BFM_Hydra »

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 05:26:56 AM »
My left ear is roughly a centimeter higher than my right, so when my glasses sit on the table they don't sit flat.

Iv'e also been the captian of my High School track team for three years.

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 05:37:58 AM »
When I was ten years old I flipped over the handlebars of my pushbike and managed to smash up my front teeth on the tarmac.

after getting them repaired with caps, I managed to accidentally get the cap chipped off about 10-11 times over the next year through various events including rollerskating face-first into a brick wall, being kicked in the face during a ninja/karate game with a friend, running into someone else, falling flat on my face on rollerblades, flipping over the handlebars of my bike a further two times, and whacking myself in the face with a badminton racket.

Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline Miser

• Senior Poster
  • This is Jimmy
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:19:01 AM »
Last year I made a robot that could deal out a game of Texas hold'em at an 80% efficiency. It was part of my "Intro to engineering" course.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 07:51:57 AM »
What's the quote, Octane? Sounds cool =D

Think it was words to the effect of How is a happymeal going to be "happy" in the minds of kids if your going to start taking the fun out of it, or something simple like that. Cant really remember all that well to be honest but i guess i must have had a good impression on folk hehe. I know my dep manager at my last job should remember it better, hes the one who came across it first. He ran around the store waving it about after showing me and then pinned it up on the company news board for all the other staff to see lol.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:56:44 AM by BFM_Octane »

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 08:10:31 AM »
I was involved in a TV show featuring a large audience (in fact the show was broadcast live from a church). In rehearsals we could tell that Marty and I would be in loads of shots. The big day came, but we found that our seats were taken and we had to sit one row back. All the shots we were in on rehearsal we weren't in on the day, and apart from one camera pan that started on me I don't think we were ever seen! I was so annoyed at that!!
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »
im not phycally strong person, but im soo strong mentally and emotionally.

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 01:22:42 PM »
WOW! this is a great hit!!  :toot:  These are some pretty funny facts!!  keep em comeing!!

another fun fact about myself..

When we were playing Bike Tag, (a game where somebody is it and they have to hit the front of there tire on the back of yours while you are moving then you will be it.. )  (I dont reccomend doing this)  i didnt relize i was it, so im biking through some guys lawn.. then i go full speed into a brick wall.. i blacked out and dont rember hitting it or landing on the ground.. but when i finally came back, i was screaming in pain, i was twisted in my bike a little bit.. and everyone was crowded around me...  My all the skin on my left knee was gone and i was gushing blood... it hurt..  Believe it or not i didnt break anything.. Except a nice big ol' crack in the Helmet...   Thank god i was wearing it.. who knows what would of happened???   

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »
When I was thinking of changing my name from Lavacano (this only occured on BFM, btw), I wasn't sure if I wanted "Tandem" or "Sixx".
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline Xelio

• Senior Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »
Something strange with me is that i almost can't breath through my nose :P. It's is almost impossible for me to breath through my nose 95%. I have been on TV more then 10 times :D.

Applied for Recruitment - October 24, 2008

Vent Access - January 23, 2009
Little Tags - March 28, 2009
Big Tags - April 25, 2009
Left BFM - April 12, 2010

Print