Print 

Author Topic: May 2009 - BFMs 4 Year Anniversary  (Read 5836 times)

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
May 2009 - BFMs 4 Year Anniversary
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:15:52 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, can you please join me in congratulating BFM on achieving it's FOURTH year as the BEST Halo: Combat Evolved clan on the planet!

Although I'm unsure of the exact date, it was 4 years ago this month that BFM was started by Elvis and Tag. It is a huge credit to them and especially to Elvis who is still leader that BFM has gotten to where it is today. Here are some great things about BFM:

1) BFM is the LARGEST Halo clan ever made!
2) BFM has the largest forums/community of any Halo clan ever made!
3) BFM has/had members from the following countries:

-USA
-Canada
-England
-Australia
-New Zealand
-Mexico
-Finland
-Italy
-Germany
-Holland/The Netherlands
-Ireland
-Wales
-Belgium

4) BFM, for a long time, was the #1 clan on Skorcard! (And is now #2!)
5) BFM has the highest non-US count of any clan!
6) BFM is the most successful clan at providing family-oriented servers!
7) BFM has the MOST servers of ANY clan (public and private) - 15!
8) Simply, BFM is the BEST!

Finally, thanks to ALL you great guests out there to continue to play on BFM servers! Without you, this would NEVER have been possible.

So, without further ado, please congratulate BFM on it's long and PROUD history as a great clan, and may it continue LONG into the future!

:yesyes: :yesyes: :dance: :dance: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :clint: :clint:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:16:46 PM by BFM_Dragster »

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Xelio

• Senior Poster
Re: May 2009 - BFMs 4 Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
Happy 4th Annaversary BFM!!!!!!!!   :yesyes:  :yesyes:  :yesyes: :neckbeard: d_b :neckbeard: :dance:

Applied for Recruitment - October 24, 2008

Vent Access - January 23, 2009
Little Tags - March 28, 2009
Big Tags - April 25, 2009
Left BFM - April 12, 2010

Offline Arya

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »
w00t! congratz BFM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit: Inferno
--------------------------------------
Recruitment Status-
Applied for recruitment- December 11, '08
Vent access- February 15, '09
Earned small tags (bfm_): May 3, '09
Earned BIG tags (BFM_): August 9, '09
Gained CORPORAL rank: December 5, '09
Left BFM: February 13, '10

--------------------------------------

Offline Filla

• Senior Poster
    • A Racing video I made.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »
:victory: :neckbeard: Congrats BFM, good job to keep the clan rocking BFM_Elvis! :neckbeard: :victory:

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 08:29:27 PM »
 :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

Offline Racr

• Regular Poster
  • I iz smart.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Manticore for that!

Thank you BFM_Arya for those!!

Offline Pat4ever

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:32:10 PM »
That's awesome.   d_b  :siderofl:  d_b

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
:yesyes: :yesyes: T!
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

:woot: Beg For Mercy :woot:
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Offline Luupää

• Posts Too Much
  • The master of disaster
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 11:42:04 PM »
 :neckbeard: :toot:  :yesyes: Happy Birthday BFM!!!!!!!!!!  :yesyes: :toot: :neckbeard:
                  :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

Sig made by me.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 12:16:28 AM »
I think it was May 19th when our first server came online. Im very proud of what all you have done with BFM and help BFM grow. Not long after BFM was started there was a huge decision to make. Either keep it a small clan with about 20 to 25 members or let BFM grow. What I had to say was how can we turn away any good person that wishes to join? Since I didnt agree that we should remain small some of the BFMs at that time chose to leave. I still remember one PM I got. Hey Elvis, what are you going to do now that BFM will no longer survive after us leaving? Honestly I got a huge laugh about that pm. The person who sent that pm really didnt get what BFM was about. SHE even let her team down and left her team during a captains scrim. Well Nrvend and Carew wouldnt give up like there Captain did. They knew what BFM was about. They refused to quit the scrim again like there captain did and made us continue. It was Carew and Nrvend against My team.

In the end talking to the great BFMs we had Like Gnaeus and Shawty and Nrvend and Carew and Petra etc, we knew this was something we should share with all the great people who wish to join. Sadly the people leaving actually didnt get what BFM was about and thought by them leaving they would make BFM fold. Again they didnt agree BFM should grow. The officers who stayed knew this wouldnt be the end of BFM and that we should stay the course. We should continue to be respectful to guest and continue to offer  family friendly servers.

The people who left were proven wrong. BFM wouldnt fold because they left. BFM is what it is today because of the great members and officers who helped BFM grow. Those officers agreed there was a place for a family who treated their guest with respect and really tried hard to make sure the youngest guest and members could race on our servers without having to deal with all the profanity and other things that noramlly came with first person shooter games.

Now here we are! All of you have really grown BFM and really should get a lot fo credit for giving young players a family friendly sever to play in.

Personaly I totally respect the tags I wear and I'm very proud of the officers who stood up to the silly pressure and decided to stay. They stayed because they knew growing was the right thing for BFM and they knew BFM is something special.

Many times I get a lot of credit for BFM. The credit goes to the ones who stayed at that time and really knew what BFM is about. They could have left as some that didnt get what BFM is about did, but they chose to stay and make BFM what it is today. Again I still get credit for BFM. I get the credit for all the hard work EVERY BFM puts in to keep this place a family friendly server and keeps BFM a place that respects and appreciates our guest. All of you are who and what makes BFM what it is today. I thank all of you for all the hard work and I also thank all of our guest for coming back to our servers and playing with us.

Oh on a side note I really want to thank all the guest that were on my team the other night as we together kicked BFM Butt lol. We teamed up and beat a loaded BFM team. As I have said from day one, we have  the best racers in BFM but there is still some of the best of the best halo racers who play as our guest. It was fun challenging the BFMs and really fun for us to teammate up and beat them :) Thanks to all the guest and YES I did rub it in to them on vent lol!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:36:54 PM by BFM_Elvis »

Offline Soz 0wned U

• Senior Poster
  • ^ Back When It neared 1000.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 12:20:48 AM »
Elvis, Some good words there, and now it's time to conqer Halo 2 & 3?  Elvis, your one of the people who held the clan toghther, and you did rub it in ALOT when we were all on vent.

-22/4/09-

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 02:15:30 AM »
:victory: :yesyes: :toot: WQQTBURGERS ALL ROUND FOR BFM :toot: :yesyes: :victory: [move]
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline BFM_Noddu

• BFM Admin
  • An apple a day, keeps red team's rockets at bay.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »
I browsed this website for the first time in october last year... and my initial thought was:
 "Oh another small scale clan."
After racing lots on the servers I made friends like Jim360, Lemming, Blizard amoungst many many others. They introduced me to the fun that could be had on the servers not just the game in general. I had a more commited look to this website and I saw threads that made me laugh, comments that made me think, and even some topics which inspired me.
 On that day I found a family.

I just read this post and I'm amazed that its been 4 years since BFM rose from its cradle and breathed for the first time. And I think of all of you, captains, to recruits, to potential recuits, to guests as oxygen  which keep making our lungs inflate.

Lets all breath in deep, exhale or new found friends here, and put our hands together... for BFM.

Oh and by the way, this is not a small scale clan.
 Its a large and the best clan

:yesyes: Long live BFM!

Noddu's Nod of Approval xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  :Woop:
Make way for Noddu. Lest he nods his head... in disapproval.

Offline Haunted

• Posts Too Much
    • ummm..
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 10:32:05 AM »
:woot: :woot:

;D by me ;D

;D Thanks Hlao! ;D

;D Thanks Spood! ;D

Print