Print 

Author Topic: Everyone deserves a second chance, but third, forth and so on?  (Read 1499 times)

Offline 2much

• Regular Poster
First off, I want to say, you guys run great servers. I and many others would like to see admins be less forgiving. There are many, including myself who would like to see stricter admining.  People can always register with you and request to be unbanned if they are serious about changing their ways.

Maybe you could experiment with one server. You have a "no rules" server. How about a "no third chance" server?

The fact that your servers are almost always full suggests that people, on the whole, like your rules. I would like to see stronger enforcement.

Thanks

- Moved to Questions for the Officers   ~Exodus
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 07:11:31 AM by BFM_Exodus »

Offline Racr

• Regular Poster
  • I iz smart.
Re: Everyone deserves a second chance, but third, forth and so on?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:31:16 PM »
The "No-rules" server that is up isn't theirs. BFM would NEVER make a rules-free server. It is pretty easy to spot a fake BFM server if you know what to look for.

Thanks to Manticore for that!

Thank you BFM_Arya for those!!

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:06:50 AM »
I moved your post to this section as it is the appropriate area to place such statements.

BFM definitely does not have a no rules race server. There would be absolutely no purpose to us having a server without rules, including the rules that set our servers aside from many others. I am glad you like and appreciate our rules, but you should also appreciate the fact that others may not be as "experienced" as you are in our servers. Our admins work very hard and give up their own time in the middle of racing to keep the servers a fun place for everyone. Not all the people that join our servers understand the concept of race, let alone come to our forums and join the racing community. The way we choose to admin our servers is fair to the new players, fair to the regulars such as yourself and fair to the BFMs who try and make sure everyone has a good time. We give time and chances for people to learn our rules, as we aim at expanding this great community, not restricting it to those who are more adept at picking up the ways of race. When a BFM admin is forced to kick or ban a player from the server, know that they never do so lightly. Members will always attempt to give any individual the benefit of the doubt. We don't simply ban people who have not yet learned how to race. The way we enforce our servers has worked and been maintained since the foundation of this family, some 4 years ago. As BFM moves and grows through time we will continue to admin our servers in a way that encourages new players to join the community and that is fair to everyone.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline 2much

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 12:07:49 PM »
I understand and agree with your policy of being nice to new comers who do not yet know the rules, of trying to foster a gentler, kinder racing atmosphere and forgiving those who don't know better. However, there are exceptions. Today someone calling themselves Tinker Bell has been openly and obviously hog camping. She drives to a strategic location in a rocket hog, then gets in the gunner's seat and waits. Or, she grabs a rocket and does the same thing. She has been informed that what she is doing is against the rules. She has been asked very very politely to stop and she continues.

She knows she is breaking the rules and continues. She makes it impossible for the race to continue.

After many races of the above behavior, I just couldn't take it any more. I left and came here to post.

What are the other racers supposed to do?

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »
The best thing to do is politely and respectfully inform the admin in the server that there is a problem. This means not being rude to the player, not being rude to the admin and being helpful in actually aiding the BFM Member. Often giving a location can also help. One thing you should be able to appreciate is that a BFM will only act on what they themselves see, not on what other guests are saying in the server. This is standard policy for a variety of reasons that avoids misinterpretation by other racing guests resulting in unjustified warnings. It can be hard to catch the player, and you should trust the admins are doing everything in the server to monitor all the racers. Blatant rule breakers with no wish to race will of course be treated differently to those who do not yet understand our rules and are making an attempt to get laps. Sitting in the back of a hog, or even idling with the rocket launcher is not unusual in game types that aren't race, including CTF and Slayer.

If you find our servers are not adminned well enough, please feel free to race in other servers. Every one of our admins acts under the same principles that I myself have taught to many of our upcoming members. Witness the incident and then act according to what happened then and what has happened in the past. Sometimes you will need to be more patient, even with those that are doing the wrong thing on purpose because their intentions are not obvious until they have earned themselves a removal from the server in the BFM's eyes. If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Print