Print 

Author Topic: a dead man's gun  (Read 1556 times)

Offline killjoy

• Newbie Poster
a dead man's gun
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »
So I'm racing at Infinity. I've been enduring incredible amounts of cheating, winning some games, doing very well in most others. (7 laps one race)

At some point I automatically suck up a dead guy's sniper gun. I didn't want the gun. Yes, I obviously hit the right buttons to pick it up, however, I never use one on the race servers and it was a total accident.

I never aimed, fired, or used the weapon in any way. In fact the moment I picked it up I was running to a hog and never went on foot after that (during that life, I mean).

At some point BFM_Mig observes I that I had the sniper gun on my person. I think he must have seen my dead corpse with it after I got killed. He could clarify that. I know, as I said, I never aimed or fired the weapon.  I was never accused of aiming or firing it.
I was simply told "KillJoy, don't pick up the sniper rifle."
Amazed that discipline had suddenly come to the server, and equally amazed at how bizarrely it seemed to be being handed out, I responded merely with a "I picked it up off a dead guy and never fired it."

Well, he of course told me it was still very wrong for me to have it (again he may clarify his side). To which I made a few appeals for him to acknowledge the possibility that I really wasn't cheating, again briefly citing the unique circumstances. Didn't seem to matter to him, I was "still wrong for having picked it up".

Sad but true, I know when it's safe to race on BFM servers. It all has to do with who's in charge at the time. During those times it's awesome. Too bad I can't mention who runs a great server, as I bet an endorsement from me is probably not the kind of attention that they want. There's a bunch that stand out in my mind. Thanks goes to them anyway.

Does it concern me that I might lose my privilege to race on BFM servers? Absolutely. Do I want to race on any server that always "just like it was today"? No. But obviously, it's not always that way. Would I really be doing myself any favors by quietly going on record as "the friendly guy who uses snipers during races". I don't think so. I think allowing myself to speak my mind, and regrettably step on a few toes, is actually better in the long run. I'd rather be "the grouch who races by the rules", I guess.
KillJoy®

Offline killjoy

• Newbie Poster
Re: a dead man's gun
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »
Actually, I'd prefer to be the friendly guy who races by the rules. I really would.
KillJoy®

Offline killjoy

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »
If you 'accidently' picked up the sniper, then why didn't you just pick up your old weapon again?

sniper rifles aren't to be picked up
Thanks for helping to illustrate your improper attitude, MIG. You see, it's your repeated assertion, that "I'm a liar" that gives you away. Just as it was on the course, that's totally uncalled for. Do you really know me to be a liar? Have you asked around to discover if it's likely that I might be telling the truth? Checked to see if others know me as a cheater? You must not have.

You're more into accusing me of lying than bothering with anything else. If you would have merely insisted that "you had no choice but to warn me, and you make no apologies for that", I'd understand that much. But that's not your approach. No, not one bit like that. Your approach instead is to continue to disparage my integrity.

If I "accidentally" picked up the sniper. Classic. You won't let nobody fool you, huh? I'm a just a big ol' liar an that's all there is to it.  Couldn't possibly be as I described it.

As I said, you certainly support my version of events when you immediately continue your accusation of me being a liar. That's just how you handled it on the course, I'm so glad you didn't change your tune in here. It does more to demonstrate your attitude than I could ever do through description alone.

So now no one has to take my word for it. I was called a liar (again), and that's pretty lame given my long run of consistent fair play on the courses.
Others seems to think my version is at least possible. Not MIG. He knows I'm just a lair and that's that.
You're doing great work, MIG.
KillJoy®

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »
I have moved your post to Questions for Officers and removed the rest of the discussion surrounding this thread. Although many of the people who posted in this thread made very good points, you just don't get it. I have spoken to MiG about this and we are in agreement as to what is happening here. The first thing I should point out is that the ONLY person here destroying any individual's integrity is you towards yourself. I can't believe the attitude you have brought all the way to the forums to discuss over such a small matter, and one that even MiG has acknowledged as such. The only thing MiG suggested was that if you do accidently pick up the sniper rifle, either switch it with another weapon by dropping it, or not make it your active and move on. All he asked you to do was not pick up a sniper rifle. The fact you didn't use it shows that you didn't necessarily intend to use it, but at the same time any BFM would wonder why you were carrying it. Instead you go up in arms about how you have been mistreated and abused by MiG in servers. You complain he just wasn't listening to you, because of course the whole world revolves around you. When in fact, the main issue was that you flat out refused to take in anything MiG tried to get through to you. He was simply stating his reasons for warning you, which you yourself acknowledged, and tried to explain how to avoid the accident again in the future. That was it. I can guarantee you this scenario would have remained with yourself and MiG had you chosen to leave it in the server. Instead you come to our forums, make a public post of abuse and your own foul attitude on the forums and try to discredit one of our very own members. One of whom I respect a lot, as shown by the rank he holds here amongst our family.

You will still have access to our servers, however I suggest you take some of MiG's own advice and PM the BFM Admin you have problems with next time. As for your attitude, I would not recommend taking that into a server or you will be very quick to lose access.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Print