Print 

Author Topic: Frustrated with BFM...  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Eyes_Dried_Open

• Newbie Poster
Frustrated with BFM...
« on: September 06, 2007, 12:02:59 AM »
I play on the racing servers solely.  I'm a good team player - I pick people up, happy to let em drive or gun if they want.  I like that these guys have some rules about being courteous and keeping the game friendly and fun, because it's really easy to get mad when people are being jerks.  It has taken some adjusting to not playing the way every other server plays race and expect - spawn killing, camping (your definition is different than mine - but I can adjust), chase killing etc.  When everyone plays by the rules it is great, but they hardly ever do.

Here are my problems:

1) If you don't want people to camp, don't supply them with endless nades and heavy weapons.  Seems like a no brainer to me.  Taking those things out would be a great step in taking out the hackers.

2) Make sure BFM members are consistent.  I get booted for nading an enemy hog that is trying to run me over, yet I see a BFM guy do the same thing a few games later.  I'm sure you're going to ask, "who was it?" well I don't remember.  I don't want to have to take this to court, I just want to play the game.  I'm hoping that for once you'll just believe me and instead of harassing me like you normally do.

3) Be accurate with your accusations and punish the right people.  One of my biggest frustrations is with the idiots who nade their own team/team hogs.  It's hard to be polite when you see it over and over.  Yet I get falsely accused, try to defend myself and then am told to: "DROP IT!"

I got banned today without any warning - didn't swear, be rude, camp, team nade, chase kill or break any other rule.  I just didn't switch teams quick enough.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: Frustrated with BFM...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 12:11:41 AM »
Hey there,

Thank you for coming to our forums first of all. I will try answer some of your questions in brief quickly and then an officer will PM you or respond to you via this thread in greater detail - the officers have a higher authority then me :)

1) We have unlimited grenades because 'hog jacking' is one of the biggest part of race. Without endless grenades it is quite difficult because it is easy to run out and frags are annoying to jack hogs with.

Heavy weapons are there because we prefer the NORMAL weapons set. In our own scrims, we do not allow the use of a Fuel Rod, there are no sniper rifles, and no pistols. We have these in our normal races because pistols are the weapon of choice, and removing sniper rifles removes these pistols and adds fuel rods.

2) Grenading an enemy hog that is trying to run you over is not against the rules. I do not know the situation you were in though so I cannot comment on that. BFM has a very, VERY strict and long training process and we do our very VERY best to make sure that every member can admin to the best of their abilities and for the good of the clan representation and for the benefit of our guests like yourself.

3) Admins make mistakes. I know this may sound like a lame excuse to you, but admins do their very best to make it fair for everyone and make sure everyone knows the rules and 'punish' the right people, but sometimes mistakes are made. If an admin sees someone team nade, then they get in a hog, they may see the name appear of someone else in a hog and assume they were the team nade. Please respect that we are only human, as much as we or others may like to believe otherwise.

To be unbanned, please request at our "Request to be unbanned" section and the officers will research it and deal with it.

Once again, thank you for bringing your concerns to the forums,

BFM_Hydra

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Eyes_Dried_Open

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 12:34:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I understand what you are saying and you make good points.  However I often find myself getting more aggrivated with the admins than I do with other players. 

Regarding game play I think it would be great if 1 of your 5 race servers did get rid of the endless nades to weed out the non-racers.

And I think more people should be told clearly if you don't... you will be banned.  Not just *Warning* no swearing.  Over and over.  I've noticed that many of the gamers just think it's a big joke.  But make sure you give them a warning first - 1 or 2 warnings not 5 or 6.

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 01:12:06 AM »
Let me remind you we can't act on guests accusations, you can point out rule breakers to us but unless we see it, we can't act upon it. This would end up with everyone banned if we did :P. In your case the Admin may not have been there to see these rule infractions, and therefore can not warn for them. But seen others. So next time you feel someone has broken a rule, politely tell the admin 'such and such was doing this there' and we can investigate.
Happy racing,
IgOr
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Jimmy

• Posts Too Much
  • I've never cooked prawns on the Barbie
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 01:50:15 AM »
Modified: thanks for that Wic i really thought i was important to move it here. The only down side is i can't reply now  :LOL:

Now as for what you've asked, there is a good reason why admins ask people to drop the argument and that is that it is extremely hard to admin a full server while arguing over a rule. That is one reason that the forums where made, so that people could ask questions and get answers. Every admin can be contacted on these forums so if you ever have a problem with one just do it by PM and not in the server.

Now every society have to have police  :siren: :cop: :siren: and the police have to enforce the rules. But as in real life if the police arrested everyone that was accused by a member of that society the jails would be over flowed. Same in BFM we must see the crime to punish it.

Every human makes a mistake, and it is more likely to happen when under pressure. If there is a messy server with some slayer loving campers then it will take a while to clean up. It then puts pressure on us to make sure we get the right rule breakers, and sometimes it goes wrong.
For instance there is a slayer fest going on and the admin goes to find out who it is and you walk past and your name pops up above you head then you could get falsely accused. Just take it as a mistake and maybe send a PM about it later but when you drag on about it in-server then you create that problem.

Thank-you for coming to our forums.

BFM_Jimmy / BFM Server Admin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:40:25 AM by BFM_Jimmy »
History of Jimmy
Applied 16th Feb 2007
Recruited 28th April 2007
Big Tags 8th Jun 2007
Corporal March 25th 2008
Head Corporal July 8th 2008
Sargeant Aug 17th 2008
Lieutenant Nov 11th 2008

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 02:33:10 AM »
Also,

We have tried to have a server with limited greandes. The result? A waste of money to be honest. No BFM's played on it and we rarely had guests on it. We have tried to start one up over 3 times and it just did not work.

Our current sanction system is "Warn, warn, kick, warn, warn, kick, ban". There are exceptions for terrible language and such that I will not go into detail on here. Were you just kicked for the server you were in, or are you banned?

If you have questions regarding this, please feel free to PM an officer who will be able to give precise answers (See our roster on the website, officers are Captain or above) or if you wish you may PM me also.

Hydra

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Jimmy

• Posts Too Much
  • I've never cooked prawns on the Barbie
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:34:59 AM »
there is also a staff list set up on the forums
History of Jimmy
Applied 16th Feb 2007
Recruited 28th April 2007
Big Tags 8th Jun 2007
Corporal March 25th 2008
Head Corporal July 8th 2008
Sargeant Aug 17th 2008
Lieutenant Nov 11th 2008

BFM_Wic

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 03:09:25 AM »
** Moved from General Forums **
BFM_Wic

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:49 PM »
First of all Admins dont ban without warning and for no reason. That doesnt mean we dont make mistakes. But as you said its more fun when people are racing by the rules. So we try hard to keep the servers clean. There are times when we make a mistake an call out the wrong person. But its usually easy to see we made a mistake right away.

You say take out endless nades or weapons they can use to camp with. Well with that theory we should then get rid of hogs so they cant chase kill. We have no need to change the rules or the games. All we need to do is admin the servers and keep the people who want to race on the servers. 

I dont know why you were banned. That is another topic for the request to be unbanned section. But I can assure you that BFMs dont ban without reason or just cause. In MOST cases there will be a warning first.

If you ever have problems in a server and there arent BFMs around, feel free to go find one in another server and ask them to come help clean up the server you were/are in. We are more than willing to give up our racing time for our guest.

I also understand how frustrating it can be when people dont follow the rules. You might attack back and get caught and your the one blamed instead of the main rule breaker. Just dont attack back. Feel free to point out the person who is doing wrong. We will the keep a close eye out for what you have said was going on in the server. Someone like you who enjoys racing is someone we really enjoy racing with. It allows us to get to just race instead of having to stop and admin all the time.

Print