Print 

Author Topic: snipers  (Read 1373 times)

Offline speeder

• Newbie Poster
snipers
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:29:38 PM »
plz tell me y snipers are bad! if u dont camp u should be able to use them but if u do u should be told to stop camping not drop sniper if they ignore u kick but i mean cmon :bang: :bang: sniper aint bad. plz tell me and also  :hug:

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: snipers
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
Theoretically you are correct.  To be perfectly honest we do not disallow them because we think they are "bad".  You cannot do traditional sniping with them for obvious reasons...it's camping.  The reason we do not allow them at all is to make admining the servers easier.  As it stands right now, if I see a sniper trail I do not have to stop racing.  I just warn the guest to stop sniping.  If we allowed the sniper rifle under some circumstances but not others an admin would have to stop racing every time  they saw a trail to try and hunt down and find out if it was a legal or illegal use of the weapon.  Not only is that no fun for the admins who would like to do a little racing too, but it is unfair to the team that is not getting laps while the admin is not racing.  Basically it would be way too disruptive to the servers and the flow of the racing.  And before you ask us why we don't just take the sniper rifles off the map I'll tell you.  We cannot take sniper rifles off the map without also removing the pistols and we don't want to do that.  We also refuse to mod our maps in any way.  So the sniper rifles will stay and so will the rule about not using them.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print