Print 

Author Topic: 3 second rule  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
3 second rule
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:48:22 AM »
Hi guys and gals,
                            i was wondering if you could help clear up some confusion on my part pls. I was under the impression that if you were the gunner of a hog, and your hogs driver was killed, you had to get out and drive immediately, unless a driver was close at hand. However you may stay in the gunners position for approx 3 secs if you are under threat from a rocket hog, or under attack.

However quite a few PR's and a couple of admins have stated that it is ok to stay in the gunner position of the hog for the 3 seconds(no driver in the vicinity), regardless if there is a threat present. In essence waiting for targets of opportunity.

A prime example is the bridge jump on ice fields.At the beginning of the map, on approach to the bridge, no enemy's on radar or visible on approach, take the bridge jump, and a gunner is waiting at the bottom, because his driver was killed on the jump.

I bring this up in case there has or will be  rule change or something like that, or iv just plain got it wrong.

Regards,
             Sp@rt101 (living in a state of confusion, population of 1)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:25:26 AM by Sp@rt101 »

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: 3 second rule
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »
Spart101, You are correct in your interpretation of the rule. If you are not under attack you should get out of the gunner seat right away and go drive.

Maybe what the PRs were trying to say is this.... Lets say you have a rocket hog that has been shooting at you and on his last shot before he has to reload he kills your driver. Well you still can keep shooting at him for up to 3 seconds. He isn't really a threat because he is reloading  but he is still considered a threat because he is still looking at you and will fire as soon as he relaods.  Now if the gunner turns around and isn't looking toward you, then you should stop shooting right away and get out and drive.  I hope that helps some.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:32:59 PM by BFM_Elvis »

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 02:02:31 AM »
Otherwise the 3-second rule is simply a shorter version of the 5 second rule applied to dropped food. This may be used when trying to race and eat at the same time. :)

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:59:59 AM »
Spart101, You are correct in your interpretation of the rule. If you are not under attack you should get out of the gunner seat right away and go drive.

Maybe what the PRs were trying to say is this.... Lets say you have a rocket hog that has been shooting at you and on his last shot before he has to reload he kills your driver. Well you still can keep shooting at him for up to 3 seconds. He isn't really a threat because he is reloading  but he is still considered a threat because he is still looking at you and will fire as soon as he relaods.  Now if the gunner turns around and isn't looking toward you, then you should stop shooting right away and get out and drive.  I hope that helps some.

Chears Elvis, yepers helps a lot :)

Sp@rt101
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 03:13:45 AM by Sp@rt101 »

Print