Print 

Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen  (Read 6599 times)

Offline TEX'N

• Newbie Poster
  • Don't Mess With Texas
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
« on: June 22, 2009, 09:33:11 AM »
Don't know if I'll get the opportunity to see this when it comes out, so I'm asking for your critiques.  Was hoping for a good franchise to take off like Batman and Spiderman; but, the commercial trailers don't do much for making it look as good as the first.  Seems they might even go a little overboard on just making bigger and more numerous bots.

:?:

What say you?
The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You...

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »
I will edit my post once I see it, but I'm certain it will be awesome !! :)

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
i was surprised by the first one, hope i get the same thing. im def. gonna see it.

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »
Seeing it tomorrow! I'll let you know :P

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
A critic on the CNN website says Transformers 2 stinks! You know what that means right?

It's going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:55:01 AM »
Well, I saw the 12:01 AM showing of the film this morning.  All I can say is this:

!!!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I dont want to spoil any of it, but, the movie was very well done.  Yes there is the typical CG Action scenes, and your mushy scenes at the same time between Sam and Mikaela (Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox), but it all comes together nicely.  The new transformers that were added in are nice, the "Twins" are the funniest.  The only complaint I have is that sometimes, the film felt too rushed to me.  Guess Im just a fan of longer movies.   

1 small warning to parents looking to bring their younger children: There is some profanity, and innappropriate language in the film, used by, of all things, the Transformers.

Overall rating: 4/5 Autobot Symbols. 

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »
Well, I saw the 12:01 AM showing of the film this morning.  All I can say is this:

!!!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I dont want to spoil any of it, but, the movie was very well done.  Yes there is the typical CG Action scenes, and your mushy scenes at the same time between Sam and Mikaela (Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox), but it all comes together nicely.  The new transformers that were added in are nice, the "Twins" are the funniest.  The only complaint I have is that sometimes, the film felt too rushed to me.  Guess Im just a fan of longer movies.   

1 small warning to parents looking to bring their younger children: There is some profanity, and innappropriate language in the film, used by, of all things, the Transformers.

Overall rating: 4/5 Autobot Symbols. 

well it is PG-13

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »
Saw it today! It was..
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet again the critics have proven their ineptness and stupidity! If you want something every time like Gone with the Wind, you're going to the movies for all the wrong reasons. Just go to the movie to ENJOY it for what it is!

The twins were funny for sure, but I also liked the progressive thinking in that they had female autobots! Cool! This movie is a must see!
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »

The review I'm most likely to believe: "Even more mindless than the first, more forced, and with even longer stretches of numbing eye-candy 'action'/'explosions' than the first. The best thing about it was the decision to make the action scenes sharp instead of blurred as they were in the first movie. D-"

LOL

From the blurb about it on Google News it seems most reviewers are leaning that way too....

Summary: WS+DVD 4 me.  I can wait....

(But I'm already thinking about buying a DVD copy of "Up" when it comes out!)
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 03:45:31 PM »
The twins were funny for sure, but I also liked the progressive thinking in that they had female autobots! Cool! This movie is a must see!

Being a fan of the Transforrmers from pretty much day one, the female Autobot thing wasnt really new to me.  Arcee, along with many other female Transformers like Chromia, has been around since the Generation 1.  Her movie form, a hive mind controling three bodies is a very neat idea though.

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
As I've said before, if you want character development, complicated plotline, multifaceted characters, and so on, you're going to the movie for all the wrong reason.

The movie had a great story that explained everything happening. The characters were fine in a movie packed full of different characters. The humor was fine and on par with the 1st one and if you can't handle humor like that then don't plan on going to any local comedy shows.

Adult language was there yes, but it's kind of a funny thing when you think about it. Transformers learn language throw the internet and other sources. Kind of a forcible reflection then on normal social dialogue we've created today. Anyway, movie is rated PG-13.

All in all, as I said before if you want to go see a movie and expect perfection in demands to Gone With the Wind calibur, you're going for the wrong reasons.

Anyone who reads this, let me asure you it was a great movie and ignore all naysayers. Go forth and enjoy this one guys!

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »
Haha. Fortunately for me, I end up saying "meh" after nearly all movies I see in the theaters, but I can't articulate my reasons usually. There are exceptions, of course. I'm hard to please and easy to please (:neckbeard:) at the same time. Having a hard time thinking of something that I didn't just think "meh" after. I'm also wondering whether the movie experience actually makes my perception worse, too.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 04:44:25 PM »
Saw it on opening night. It's great!

Are you sure it's PG-13? There is quite a lot of profanity. I heard the F word twice. Anyway, it's M in Australia.

EDIT: I read on a review site tht the F word isn't used. Maybe it was disguised but sounded as though it wasn't. Or maybe they have a different version for us Aussies?  :-\

EDIT2: Are you serious its Pg-13? There's violence, language, adult themes, sexual content, everything you'd expect to be in an M or MA movie. Oh well.

EDIT3: I love how it's rated G in Japan...::) (IMDB)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:55:16 PM by BFM_Hydra »

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
Yeah, at least here in the states it is PG-13. Here's what the system says:

PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned (1984-Present)

Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.

May contain moderate language,minimal strong language, some explicit nudity, intense violence, gore, some sex, or mild drug content. This is the highest unrestricted rating.

R - Restricted (1968-Present)

A film with this rating requires a viewer under the age of 17 (18 in some jurisdictions) to have a parent or other adult guardian accompanying the viewer.

May contain very strong language or strong sexual emphasis, strong explicit nudity, strong violence and gore, or strong drug content.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »
Ooh, confusion and something that could potentially be an evil and/or humorous robot personality :P
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Print