Print 

Author Topic: Question - Am I too attached to my hog?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
Question - Am I too attached to my hog?
« on: September 08, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »
x
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:22:02 AM by HastaLaVista »

BFM_Warlord

Re: Question - Am I too attached to my hog?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »
There was a hog to the left of yours and i was closer to yours as you called it.You were also closer to that one then the one to the left of me but since I was getting in that one I didn't see no harm in you getting in the other.I didn't attack you and the hmmm was only to draw your attention to the other hog close by us.I assumed you over looked it .I know you to be fair.I just was hoping you could see what I saw.I didn't see everything you went through.I left the base headed that way because it was the only hog at the time.That was closest to me.As I got closer people  were killed off the second cliff leaving behind their hog.I assumed you would take it. I see your point as you already wanted this hog but if there is two you could of surrendered it since I didn't attack you.There was a hog very close by.I didn't call you out or accuse you of breaking any rules .I think from what you seen in your scenario you did what was right. I just seen another option is all.No worries.It didn't bother me.I never have had problems with your style of race.I hope this answers your question.If not feel free to PM me so we can discuss it more.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:56:08 PM by BFM_Warlord »

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: Question - Am I too attached to my hog?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 03:36:26 AM »
When trying to do the right thing you might have to give up a hog you think is yours. The person trying to get your hog might not be as close as you but in trying to do the right thing you might have to move across the map further to get a hog.  This happened in a public server. If you saw it was warlord then you were wrong. If you didnt know then you have to watch the actions of the player your against. If the player was gettting to the hog before you and not fighting then you should let the player go and run toward the other hog. If he fights you then fight back. 

We have many guest who play as Warlord did. So the name might not be as important as the actions. Myself I see what the other player does. Many times I die because of that fact. Example. There are many hogs at a base. I see an enemy shoot me once. I look at him run to the hog that is far away from him. I allow him to take a close hog to get out and leave me alone. I dont want to play slayer. I have no idea if that is what he wants to do. Sometimes the player takes the closest hog and move on. Sometimes he chases after me to kill me. I fight back but since my shields are down because I ran away I lose more often than not. But I chose to give the player the option. I think that is the fair way to play. If I am killed I do ask............ Why not take one of those hogs instead of playing slayer? As a guest you also have this option. Its the guest who get more players to just grab a hog rather than sit and fight at a base when its not needed. Our guest teach other guest better than we ever could.

So honestly it is up to who your playing and how they react.

Print