Print 

Author Topic: Nades  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Jmaster

• Senior Poster
Nades
« on: July 22, 2009, 06:56:44 AM »
Well, this really isnt a question, its more of a recomendation, or just somethin to think about.... Ive been thinkin about all the nading lately... all the spamming ppl have done and all the team nading, well ive been thinkin to ask the officers if we can limit the nades?

In doing so, ppl would realize to only use their nades when they need to, that way if they do use the nades on something stupid like team and spam nading, they wont any defense against an enemy hog

Thanks, Jmaster

Very Awsome DarkFyr, thanks

Thanks for the awesome medals slayton

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Nades
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:13:51 AM »
Hey Jmaster. This is something we have actually already tried previously in our "limited nades" server. The server no longer exists as it was not as popular as our others. Although good in theory it did not always stop the problem players spamming nades, as these players often do not understand the concept of race as you or I do. The other problem was those who were using the nades legally to fight or jack hogs found themselves simply running out of grenades when they really needed them. Even a few nades is not many if your first attempt at hog jacking is unsuccessful. Or if you jack a hog before then having to defend yourself on foot, you simply run out too fast. A good notion, but unfortunately one we tried already that did not work as well as hoped. :)

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Jmaster

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »
You have many good points, although, like the regular servers u can still kick and ban the problematic players, since u did tell me it did not stop the problem, i guess thats wat we're gonna have to do no matter wat, but actually, i think it would be fun to limit the nades, for those who do play like u and me, it would encourage them to find a hog quickly and drive off, instead of trying to fight with someone trying to take the hog, because they would know, there is a possibility that they will run out of nades and have to take time to go find some nades and to jack a hog after getting the nades.

lol, does that make sense?

Thanks, Jmaster

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »
JMaster we tried 3 different times at least to have a limited nades server. For about 2 weeks many would play in the server. After 2 weeks the server would just die. We kept it for about 2 to 3 months and it turned into a ghost server. The only time anyone would go in the server was if all the other BFM servers were full.

Another problem that was caused by limiting nades was more map walking. Players were more likely walk to find nades so they could jack a hog. Many times that had to take them off the race path to do so.

Offline Jmaster

• Senior Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
alright... it was just a suggestion, thank you for the answers

Print