Print 

Author Topic: Screen names  (Read 23919 times)

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
Re: Screen names
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 08:21:58 AM »
errr well it started many years ago when my friend had halo for xbox. i needed a name, so i thought about a mutated elite called igor, then i variated it with numbers until a cap no cap way looked cool and here i am, IgOr
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 09:04:59 AM »
When I first started playing halo online, I played as MotorKiller. That's the nickname for my rating in the USCG. Machinery Technician was abbreviated (don't ask me why) as "MK." We are jokingly referred to as "MotorKillers" as we are always fixing (breaking?) engines on the Coast Guard boats.

Later on, I was playing as Maddogmedic when I was recruited (briefly) into the WNx clan where I played as WNx_Maddog. (maddog was my personal nickname when I was in the military).

When I started racing, I went back to the Motorkiller name and then EtOH then bfm_EtOH. It was so hard to pronounce on Vent that I went to 'Medic as a short version of Paramedic.

Why 'Medic/Paramedic, you ask? Well, um, it's kind of complicated: It's because I'm a licensed paramedic. Crazy, I know, but that's what I do! I also teach in a paramedic baccalaureate program at a university on the East Coast of the US.

I get a lot of guests in our servers asking me if I'm really a Medic and I always answer, "yep!"

-'Medic

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 09:07:01 AM »
When I first started playing halo online, I played as MotorKiller. That's the nickname for my rating in the USCG. Machinery Technician was abbreviated (don't ask me why) as "MK." We are jokingly referred to as "MotorKillers" as we are always fixing (breaking?) engines on the Coast Guard boats.

Later on, I was playing as Maddogmedic when I was recruited (briefly) into the WNx clan where I played as WNx_Maddog. (maddog was my personal nickname when I was in the military).

When I started racing, I went back to the Motorkiller name and then EtOH then bfm_EtOH. It was so hard to pronounce on Vent that I went to 'Medic as a short version of Paramedic.

Why 'Medic/Paramedic, you ask? Well, um, it's kind of complicated: It's because I'm a licensed paramedic. Crazy, I know, but that's what I do! I also teach in a paramedic baccalaureate program at a university on the East Coast of the US.

I get a lot of guests in our servers asking me if I'm really a Medic and I always answer, "yep!"

-'Medic

We couldn't re spawnn with out you lol

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 09:07:24 AM »
I live in Britian. And Church (RvB character) wasn't allowed.  :evil:

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »
Well...
My first proper online name was "Jez the Pie" - Being called Jeremy, I'd been given the nickname Jez at school, and I liked "Weebl and Bob" at the time, so that name stuck.

The current one is a little different. I was doing an IT project at school and had to come up with a business to "design an IT system for". The guy next to me was making "Kostas' Leg Emporium" which dealt in prosthetic legs. I decided to do ' "Harmless" Joe-Bob Slanzinger's Sword Warehouse' (maybe I should make a sig based on that...), just a name I randomly came up with. I preferred Slanzinger to Jezthepie, so I used that instead.
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 09:44:40 AM »
VxT  ;D

Playing other MMORPG VxT was a rare name, looked good and wasn't taken so i took it.

Since then i've used it for all, it means nothing, just unique.

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
lol

One day, my friend came over and said I had some really stupid usernames.

So he created one called a brick. And ever since that, I've used it. I have changed it a little though.

BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »
Basically, there is an octane rating in fuel. The higher the octane rating, the smoother the combustion of fuel in the engine.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:26:40 AM by Octane »

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 02:58:23 PM »
Octane - Had this name since mid 90s for games, not sure why i picked it, but it suites Halo race ok i guess.  :LOL:  Basically, there is an octane rating in fuel. The higher the octane rating, the smoother the combustion.
Therefore, i give you a smoother hog ride. :zoot:

Railziel -
Singularity of Evil:evil:

more like the epitome of Evil hehe

Offline FlameDragon

• Junior Poster
  • hack and slash my way to victory.
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 05:39:36 PM »
my name started a few years back when i was starting runescape i wanted a name to do with dragons they represent power, fury, fire i tryd many names then i deicded on the name horn dragon0 i got to lvl 88 then quit that game for a gamespy clan that playd the games renegade, medal of honer, strong hold crusaders, in the game stronghold i still had the name horn dragon0 but i developed a love for burning down my ememey with slaves using torches i would burn down their farms and set their castel a blaze that was when the clan leader and generals recomended the name flamedragon to  me to represent my staratagey and to show i like the dragon as a symbol then i started halo and got the name flamedragon my name in {GoC} the gamespy clan that plays many games besides halo was {GoC}Lt-FlameDragon kinda cathy aint it and from that moment i decided to becuse flamedragon in evreything and then decided to apply to bfm :) long story aint it

Offline AR~Archon

• Senior Poster
  • No surrender, no retreat
    • MacFire (Xfire for Mac)
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »
Lol, NavyJayhawk, I was thinking about posting this question!   :LOL:

So, my story ...  I was trying to come up with a name, and for some reason the word "archon" came to mind.  I remembered it from an old Star Trek episode (yeah yeah ;) ).  I looked it up in my handy, dandy dictionary:  "each of the nine chief magistrates of ancient Athens".  Judges are supposed to be fair, right?

So, I was going to go with "TenthArchon", but decided that's too long for in-game.  So, I just went with Archon and it stuck.  My xfire name is "tentharchon", though  ;D

Next!

:munch:
The minstrel boy to the war has gone...
Understanding is a three edged sword.  Your side, their side, and the truth.
Who are you?  What do you want?  Why are you here?  Where are you going?

Offline 99

• Junior Poster
  • Play To Win Or Go Home
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 07:46:52 PM »
My nic is a tribute to the great one, Wayne Gretzky. My name is the number he wore as a player.

***NO..It has nothing to do with Get Smart*** - I didn't even watch the show.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:52:57 PM by bfm_99 »

Offline (herd)_Ian7

• Regular Poster
  • Current Rival: (herd)Trooper
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 07:53:20 PM »
Well when we I first got Halo my favorite number was seven and my name well it goes along with it. Seven became my favorite number not because its "cool" or over used. But because one day when I was about ten or so. I got a fortune cookie and you know how they have the "lucky" numbers on the back. Well one was seven and then in town on the way home I noticed the number seven every where! 77% off, one adress was 1777, and it was just plain old on anything I saw had seven on or in it! So then came the name Ian7 I have used it ever since that day. :P

Again another awesome sig by BFM_Plixity! Thanks!

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »
Well when we I first got Halo my favorite number was seven and my name well it goes along with it. Seven became my favorite number not because its "cool" or over used. But because one day when I was about ten or so. I got a fortune cookie and you know how they have the "lucky" numbers on the back. Well one was seven and then in town on the way home I noticed the number seven every where! 77% off, one adress was 1777, and it was just plain old on anything I saw had seven on or in it! So then came the name Ian7 I have used it ever since that day. :P
That reminds me of the movie 23 lol

Offline A41~Gunnin

• Junior Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 02:49:24 AM »
Mine is not what you think.  Gunnin is someone who will be there for you thick and thin.  And I am generally that way.   Plus i am ok at gunning so it just fit.

Print