Print 

Author Topic: Screen names  (Read 23910 times)

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Screen names
« on: September 09, 2007, 08:13:44 PM »
I'm not sure if I've seen this post around, but thought I'd make it and see how it goes.

I'd like to know how everyone came up with their screen names and why you chose those names.  Whether they just randomly came up or if they actually relate to you or not  :cop:

For me personally, I was in the Navy Reserves and go to the University of Kansas currently... therefore Jayhawk! muwahaha  :banjo: :banjo:

So... what's your story  :o :o

:munch: :munch:
Thank you Kākā§hė!

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
Re: Screen names
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 08:16:04 PM »
Well,

Since so many people ask me...

Contrary to popular belief my name has nothing to do with a fruit...lol

My old name when I was in a competitive Counter-Strike Team for 2 years was Toxic Tang

Since Halo wouldn't allow that name in the parameters given...I invented Tanger...lol

-Tanger

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »
Well if it is not dragons (which I absolutely love!), then I settle for wolves. Wolves are incredible animals that have always represented both natural and spiritual beauty to me. As for the Night part, well... I've always had a thing for darkness. Surprisingly though I'm not a gothic guy or satanic as one might be tempted to think, but rather cheerful and funny. I honestly don't know why I am lured to dark things like night, dark clothing, and so on. Hope I haven't scared anybody now!  :embarassed: :doh: :bang: ;)
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline Tanger

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 08:24:51 PM »
Well if it is not dragons (which I absolutely love!), then I settle for wolves. Wolves are incredible animals that have always represented both natural and spiritual beauty to me. As for the Night part, well... I've always had a thing for darkness. Surprisingly though I'm not a gothic guy or satanic as one might be tempted to think, but rather cheerful and funny. I honestly don't know why I am lured to dark things like night, dark clothing, and so on. Hope I haven't scared anybody now!  :embarassed: :doh: :bang: ;)

::runs away::

LOL j/k with ya

I now see why you chose Nightwolf!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »

T'was looking for a truly unique name to use (for when I went racing only, so I would be a "tag-free" personna apart from my CTF & Slayer exploits) and got to thinking about old comic book characters and ... bingo! it hit me: Superman's super-nemesis Mr. Mxyzptlk!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 09:17:40 PM »
I just really like the meaning behind the name I chose for the game sake and the Uniqueness of it.I had just seen the movie Lord of War and that gave me the idea.

A warlord is a person with power who has  military control of a subnational area due to armed forces loyal to the warlord and not to a central authority. The term can also mean one who espouses the ideal that war is necessary, and has the means and authority to engage in war. The word has a strong connotation that the person exercises far more power than his official title or rank (if any) legitimately permits him. Under feudalism, in contrast, the local military leader may enjoy great autonomy and a personal army, but still derives legitimacy from formal fealty to a central authority.

Offline Flops

• Posts Too Much
  • ...This floor tastes funny
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »
I got the nickname my first year at AU when a fellow trombone pointed out that I ALWAYS wore a floppy hat (known as a fishing/bucket hat).

However, most people assume I chose the name because I like bunnies.  Which I do, but if I chose an animal it'd probably be a monkey.  And cheese.  And ice cream.  And some nachos.  Ok so that wouldn't fit which is why my name is Flops. ;D

(Also, I've used the name Frogfucius on various sites as Super Mario RPG is still one of my favorite games to date. ;))

Offline AR~H@ngm@n

• Posts Too Much
  • ~Got rope? No worries, I brought enough for you~
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:04:15 PM »
I used to play another online game where I had several characters, a few of which were Terminator, Randor, Jicarilla and Vanion (I bet at least a few of you know the name Vanion, lol).  When I first came to Halo, I went under the name Terminator.  After a while, I noticed that the name was not unique to a FPS game, and the other names I wanted to keep associated with that first game, only.  Ok, so now what?  Hmmm, my fave map is Hang em High.... and a hangman was always the last person you wanted to see in the old west, sooooo.  I used the name ~H@ngm@n~ until recruited and the rest is history!  Wo0t!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:06:01 PM by BFM_H@ngm@n »

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:25:52 PM »
My turn...pick me...pick me... :yesyes:

Well, Slayton, where did that come from you ask?  Well Slayton is the first name in the persona that is Slayton V. Price.  The name first appeared in one of my many stories in which he was the main character.  After the first and second and third stories were done beating the poor man, I transferred him to a slightly more real setting as my character for a D20 Modern campaign.(For those not familiar with it, D20 Mod is a modern version of D&D)

Later in his existence he was molded to fit a Shadow Run game (Another tabletop RPG).  During that game the "V" was added.  I made his complete name, and really finished him as a character.  He was now Slayton Vincent Price, an ex-military, car driving hitman, who didn't like the hitman job, so he retired.  Kind of lame I know, unless you read a couple of the stories, which I cant post here, so you cant.  Sorry.

After Shadow Run, I let him sit, and sit, and sit, until Halo came around.  I had used other names in other games, and wanted to change from the norm, so, one night, sitting at my computer on Timmies Iced Cap # 4 I think, I flipped to an old file that I was thinking of deleting, and it was the first story that had ever had Slayton in it.  I read it, and decided to go and play Halo afterwards.  Don't ask me why, I just did.  Thats when I said to myself,"You know Self,  that Slayton character is kind of cool.  And you've really just forgotten about him.  Your looking for a new name, use his.  Resurrect him from the ashes of Limbo...Shed new light on his existence...Bring him back from..."  Then Self said "OK I GET IT!!"  And typed the name into the slot in the game.  Its been there ever since.

Not that I'm as cool as the character was.

Sorry for the ramble.  But it wouldn't feel right not trying to tell at least a little of the story about my names past. 

Im going to hit the "Post" button now, and go away.

Bye BFM_Slayton

BTW, the Spell Check seems to want to call me BFM_Salton.   :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:27:59 PM by BFM_Slayton »

Offline Flops

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:14:04 AM »
OOH!  I just remembered something!

I bet there's only a few members who know what Stealth's first screenname was (you'll never blindly guess it). d_b

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 01:05:26 AM »
OOH!  I just remembered something!

I bet there's only a few members who know what Stealth's first screenname was (you'll never blindly guess it). d_b
racerX  :P

I got mine from my high school's mascot the Rebels.
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Thanks for the sig BFM_H@ngm@n

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 06:40:33 AM »
yep racerx but because of the other racerx on our servers that had been around a long time stealth decided to change it to be kind.Stealth seems more fitting to me anyways  :)

Offline Flops

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 07:05:53 AM »
I remember the racerX situation, but I can't remember the details.  But I'm thinking of something that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY further back. ;D

(I do remember the RacerX thing, but I think that was someone else.  Or apparently there's two Stealth's that got into BFM at different times. :aaaaa:)

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 07:07:09 AM »
You got me Flops I don't know then :)

Offline W@rrior

• Junior Poster
  • Who you want killed?
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 07:35:03 AM »
Well, I got my name cause I am in the Military.....so I am a Warrior!

Print