Print 

Author Topic: Laptop problem?  (Read 1491 times)

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Laptop problem?
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
Before I even state my problem, I will say, YES, I did restart my laptop. It didn't work.

Now, down to business. I started up my laptop today and watched a movie. After that, I plugged it into my desktop's speakers (since I can't use my desktop) to listen to music. Now, after I unplugged the speakers, and plugged in my headset, many processes are acting up, which is causing a lot of lag for halo.

some of the processes are:
audiodg.exe
csrss.exe (there are two of these, and one of them randomly acts up)
dwm.exe
explorer.exe
SynTPEng.exe (the touchpad for my laptop's drivers)
svchost.exe

Firefox seems to be making my CPU usage go WAY up (at most I think I saw was around 60%)

any suggestions on how to fix it?

My laptop has an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 ~1.9 Ghz,  2GB (1.79 GB) RAM, and some other stuff that I don't want to look up right now.
System
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Laptop problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »

Well, from that description it doesn't sound like you ACTUALLY "restarted" your laptop.

It's sounds like you HIBERNATED it instead of doing an actual power-off "Shutdown...." (And just to be completely sure: Once SHUTDOWN, remove its battery for a good minute, then reinsert the battery and cold-boot it up....)

'Sounds to me like some audio driver and it's governing software has gone awry. A true power-cycle of it should reset it to a good state.

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Re: Laptop problem?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:16:45 PM »
Nah, I shut it down, but just to be sure, I turned it off, unplugged it, and took the battery out for a while. I am still having the problems.

Also: Yeah, I did knock the heat sink loose on my desktop, and now I have it back in place; but when I turn the machine on, it goes to the ASRock screen that says "Push F2 for setup, F11 for Boot Menu, and TAB to switch screens" and it freezes there...I'm going to try a few things quick, and will tell you if I solve anything.
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Print