Print 

Author Topic: lol who kicked me?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
lol who kicked me?
« on: September 11, 2007, 08:55:24 PM »
Ok waited a few hours for a PM and nothing so if no one wants to fess up, I will assume it was a simple mistake, but if someone thinks I did something wrong an explanation would be appreciated.

Server a bit unruly and apparently only an undercover on. Some camper named New002 was causing a lot of trouble and this is the only thing I can figure where I ticked someone off. On danger canyon and I am flying in solo to the second base to get nav. Nadefest 2007 going on with about 6 hog there and New002 RL me for no reason that I can see. I tell him to stop camping. He says he did not. Less than 1 min later on other side of map he RL me again. I again tell him to stop camping and he asks me how it was a camp. I explain how I see it in one sentence and let it go. From there about half the server is getting killed by this guy and yelling at him, so all I am saying at this point is telling others to ignore him and he will get bored and go away. Said it 2-3 times top; no rudeness in it, no vulgarity no innuendo and suddenly I am kicked. I was in a hog racing when it happened if I remember right, but I was definitely racing and not breaking any rules. Needless to say, I do not know who I ticked off or why. Came back in and said something like "What was that for???" then "ok well I will be expecting a PM later then, have fun all." and left. Had to be an officer right? Only they are supposed to admin undercover? Like I said, if it was an accident, no big deal, it was just a kick, has happened before. No need to PM me if such, but if I offended someone, you all know from past dealings with me I am willing to be flexible to play on your servers, but not likely fix something if I am not aware it is broke.

Edit 9/12: kk no response so will assume it was accidental and that I was not being naughty somehow.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 07:30:39 PM by BunnyFufu »

Offline Contact

• Posts Too Much
  • You will give my Hoggie back!
Re: lol who kicked me?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:07:24 PM »
Bunny Fufu

Give us a little time to look into this.
No one should be kicked or banned without warnings first.  The only exception is if the nature of the offence was exterme.
It could have been an accident as you say, I have accidently kicked the wrong person before, however I also seek out that person and apologise.

Cheers
Contact

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »
oh ya, it has happened to me before too, but it is usually obvious when it is an accident which is why I asked when I cam back on. Server was a bit unruly too so maybe too much going on to notice the accident and my question. I honestly did not care except that I stayed off the servers and poster later that night just in case. Well that and my definition of being good and some of the admins' definitions of being good are not always the same as is evident from past experiences so I figured I better make sure here assuming it was an officer who was undercover. Not a big deal as it seems a lot of folks have viewed this so the person probably does not even realize they did it. It appears I am still allowed on your servers so all is good from my standpoint.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 12:13:16 AM »
First off I would like to say thank you for how you handled this. I have never seen you do anything to be kicked for. Matter of fact it sounds like you were a positive influence on the server and the others who were dealing with the new002 person. You shouldnt have been kicked without a warning. There are VERY few times that is allowed. I think you handled yourself very well. I would like to apologize to you from all of BFM. I have no idea who kicked you. As BFM_Contact said, we will research this. But please accept my apologizes. Someone should have let you know about the mistake by now. Very sorry. If in the future you ever have a problem like this, feel free to pm BFM_Elvis or BFM_Nrvend or BFM_Contact. We will get these kind of things corrected or let you know why the admin did what he/she did.

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 05:46:01 PM »
I have never seen you do anything to be kicked for.

Hehe well one day I hope to actually play with/see you. Just was mentioning to one of your folks 2 nights ago that in my 6 months of playing halo I have never seen you on (well I saw your name once on a full server), but he says you are on all the time, we just do not know it ;)

PS: guess I should add that I am not looking for an apology. Just wanted to make sure it was an accident. The explanation was just in case the admin was New002 and I over-called the camping and s/he though I was just being a brat with all the follow-up or if I did something else. And you may not have seen me do anything while undercover, but 1 or 2 of your others have not cared for a few of my actions when I did not think they would offend on your servers, but hopefully that is all in the past.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:04:04 PM by BunnyFufu »

Print