Print 

Author Topic: GUN jumpers.  (Read 3006 times)

Offline cow

• Newbie Poster
GUN jumpers.
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:01:20 PM »
Hello every1,

What is a gun jumper? a map is starting (no1 haves a hog) some people wont drive the hog by themself. they step up on gunner seat everytime.  but why? they want to make kills? they want to have laps and kills to be win the race? or are they just not a team player?

problem of gun jumpers

if there is no1 to drive a gun jumper they will wait for a driver. becoz of this reason they are not moving to there navs? like afk people do to? afk people get kicked but gun jumpers wont get kicked? they are both doing the same. 1. they are staying on the same place 2. they cant kill becoz it will be hog camping. (its what 90 % of the gun jumpers do. 3. they are not team playing so they can better join a race game without teams.
IM 100 % sure that im not the only one that hates gun jumpers so why not make a rule againt hog jumpers?

srry for my english but i think u all can unsterstand it.

i hope this all wont have any influence for my recruitment :)

byebye:)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:05:52 PM by cow »

Offline Elensar

• Senior Poster
    • Lots of cool pretty colors for forum use!!!!
Re: GUN jumpers.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »
There is a rule against what you are stating, Gun Jumping. Not racing. If they are sitting there in the hog not doing anything, they aren't continuing to their nav points. I believe it would also be considered camping even though they are not killing anyone because of the possible situations that would incur... say they are fired upon, you know they would fire back so that they could keep in their hog.
BFM_Elensar

First Forum Visit ~~~ 9/28/2009
Applied to BFM ~~~ 10/13/2009
Got Vent access ~~~ 11/13/2009
Got Small Tags ~~~ 01/04/2010
Got Big Tags ~~~ 04/14/2010

Thanks to BFM_BlitZī for da awesome siggy!!!!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Want some information that will change your racing life? WATCH THIS!

Offline ((Kākā§hė))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:24:31 PM »
Cow, in my opinion you have hit on the main theme of what we would all like to see in our servers. Teamwork. Our race servers are Team Race servers and that means that one shouldn't be focused on individual kills, After Carnage Report placement, or bumping up our Skorcard ranking, but rather on doing whats best for your team to win.

The ultimate in Team Race is a BFM scrim. NOBODY cares about individual placement in our scrims. It's all about the Team. This level of play is the ultimate incarnation of Halo Team Race and only people with access to our Vent can participate, so those who get vent access you really have something to look forward to with that.

There are no rules on who can and can't get on the guns first, but if this person does hop in the gunners seat first and never gets a driver then they must get out and drive themselves. Sitting on the guns and waiting for a driver is not racing and is against our rules.

I can tell you that a BFM admin might jump on the guns first if he/she is the only admin in the server simply because it is easier to admin a server that way. If you have ever been a gunner for an admin who is trying to control a server you may appreciate that. If there are more than one admin in a server then we will feel comfortable enough to just take whatever seat we can. If I'm in your server I'll be dying enough to handle admin duties while I'm re-spawning.

I personally prefer to drive, and will most always take that position if I'm the first to the hog, but I will take whatever position presents itself to me if it will help my team win that map. I think we should all do what it takes for the team, even if it means not doing what we prefer.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:34:26 PM by BFM_Kākā§hė »

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline cow

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:34:13 PM »
There is a rule against what you are stating, Gun Jumping. Not racing. If they are sitting there in the hog not doing anything, they aren't continuing to their nav points. I believe it would also be considered camping even though they are not killing anyone because of the possible situations that would incur... say they are fired upon, you know they would fire back so that they could keep in their hog.

there isnt a rule againt gun jumping. already a few bfms said it.

there is only a rule againt hog camping and for not moving to your navs. but there are always people that drive gun jumpers becoz its alot saver then drive without a gunner. i did that as long i played race. but now im sick of it and i wont drive gun jumpers if there are other hogs and when its the only hog i will report him to an bfm. i think its the best way to let them stop gun jumping.

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
i think its like the same thing, b/c if your a gunner in a driverless hog, then arent you camping?

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
If someone arrives at a hog a second or two before you and chooses the gunner seat at map start, that's perhaps a little unsporting but it isn't breaking any rule. If someone sees a hog and jumps into the gunner seat without even checking if there are other people around, and stays there - that's hog camping and isn't allowed. In the second case they're breaking rules and you can feel free to say so.

In the first case you can choose not to drive them but then, again, in the interests of team play shouldn't you accept the fact that the gunner seat is the one they have chosen, drive them and hope that they get some kills? Choosing to drive an empty hog in place of a hog with a gunner but no driver is maybe as unsporting an action as choosing the gunner seat first.

Teamwork involves putting the team before yourself. If you're complaining about someone else not doing this by gun-hopping but then choose to put yourself before the team by driving a lone hog as well then you've not really done much better - assuming, of course, that you choose to drive that hog because you were hoping to gun the first one, being further away.

I'm not for making a rule against gun-hopping because sometimes it can happen by accident, or sometimes someone has driven for the last four or five maps and wants a change.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:28:38 AM by BFM_three60 »
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline cow

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
i think its like the same thing, b/c if your a gunner in a driverless hog, then arent you camping?

no people are only hog camping if they shoot from a non moving hog

Offline cow

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »
This is that u said bfm three60: I'm not for making a rule against gun-hopping because sometimes it can happen by accident, or sometimes someone has driven for the last four or five maps and wants a change. 

if its an accident people will directly step off and get driver seat. if there were no hog campers at all your chance to get gunner seat or driver seat would be both 50 %. so the chance to be driver for 5 maps. would me 50 % x 50 % x 50 % x 50 % x 50 % = 3 % to drive 5 laps  :interesting:

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »
I cant add much to this thread, as most has already been pointed out.

I'm not for making a rule against gun-hopping because sometimes it can happen by accident, or sometimes someone has driven for the last four or five maps and wants a change.

I agree. Accidents can and do happen, especially in a mad scramble to the hog. I think also there has to be a bit of give and take.

In situations where tempers may get frayed, a simple 'sorry' or 'soz' can go an awful long way.

Im not a lover of gun hoppers, IF they do it incessantly. For me the ONLY exception is for admins, who really need the freedom of view that a gunner possess to admin the server, if that's what they choose to do.

PS
Tho it can be funny to watch several of your team sitting in the gunners position, unwilling to drive, swivel their turrets to look at each other as if to say, 'im not driving, will you drive me?', whilst the others are thinking the same. :LOL: Most iv seen on a server was 4 of my team did exactly that. The stale mate was only broken when the opposing team wiped them out. ::) :LOL:

Sp@rt101
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:24:52 AM by Sp@rt101 »

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 01:42:06 PM »
From what I have deciphered on my own, it would be a bad idea to make it against the rules because first off, too many people do it for it to be contained at all.  Secondly, to find out who gun-hopped would require the ADMIN (please do not do this if you are a guest at all) to team nade the hog to get the name of the person that did it.  Since at least one person is inevitably going to gun-hop at map-start, it would greatly disrupt the game when at least one hog is getting team-naded every single map-start, which is worse and more disruptive than just letting the people gun-hop.

But, with that being said, I usually don't side with the gun-hoppers.  They can get very annoying at times.  Usually if I have seen someone gun-hop two or three maps in a row I will ask them to drive the next map, since, after all, this IS race.

...your chance to get gunner seat or driver seat would be both 50 %. so the chance to be driver for 5 maps. would me 50 % x 50 % x 50 % x 50 % x 50 % = 3 % to drive 5 laps  :interesting: ...
First off, you stated "if there were no gun-hoppers" which there are on basically every map.  It's been so incredibly long since I've seen every single person on my team go straight for the driver seat.  So yeah, if there WERE no gun hoppers that might be an acurate thing to say, but since there are that would almost never happen.

Plus, even if there were no gun-hoppers, that is only for the map starts.  It's really hard to go a whole map without dying and when you do die you are more than likely going to spawn alone, usually with a hog, and inevitably.. driving it, which can get really tiring after awhile.

...sometimes someone has driven for the last four or five maps and wants a change...
That is the main reason I'll give people around three maps in a row gunning before I will ask them to drive the next map.  Even I'll be a little slower getting to the hog sometimes just so I can gun because I've gunned the last few maps.  It's totally okay if you just do it once or twice to do something new, or to practice gunning for a map.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:51:30 PM by BFM_Lucky »

Offline Daigoro

• Posts Too Much
  • shishogan...swordsman's eyes
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »
I apologize in advance for posting here, as it's Q's for the Officers, not Questions for the General Public.  :-)

And Kakashi has covered this well. I just wanted to mention that although there are three rules that are indirectly related and may or may not apply based on the situation (hog camping, not racing, not insisting on a role in a hog), there is one rule directly related to this. It's good ole 6.10. Ah, I remember it well.

"Do not board or stay in the gunner's turret of a driverless hog unless a teammate is nearby and you believe that teammate is about to enter the driver's seat. If you don't have a driver, you must drive yourself! (Also see rule 4.4). Specifically, don't remain in the gunner's turret of a driverless hog for longer than three seconds."

The admins are good at judging whether the player in question believes that a teammate is about to enter the driver's seat.
Sincerely,
Daigoro

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »
I apologize in advance for posting here, as it's Q's for the Officers, not Questions for the General Public.  :-)

Good point Daigoro  :smly_a_wink:

Folks, lets keep in mind that Questions for Officers forum is to be answered by Officers Captain level or up, except if permission to post is obtained from a higher Officer first (if so please indicate that in your post).

I believe this was moved from the General section and thats when many of these posts were made  :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 08:00:45 AM by BFM_Wic »

Offline BFM_Nrvend

• General
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »
I apologize in advance for posting here, as it's Q's for the Officers, not Questions for the General Public.  :-)

Daigoro. I believe we we can excuse you for this one, as we know you know these rules as well or better than anyone.
And your help as always is appreciated.

Thanks Bud,

Nrv

Print