Print 

Author Topic: PS2 repair?  (Read 783 times)

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
PS2 repair?
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »
I took my PS2 apart to do the whole process that makes it read disks again (which worked for me, I got it able to read all 3 disks (DVD, Silver-backed PS2 disk, and Blue-backed PS2 disk). Then the real problems happened. While putting the cover back on, the little silver cable/ribbon thing that connects the eject button/ power button to the motherboard of the PS2 came unplugged. "Not a problem" I thought to myself, as I attempted to plug it back in.

It wouldn't have been a problem, until the little blue plastic part came off of the cable. I may not be as good with electronics as I think I am, but I believe that this is a bad thing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this, or even to just 'jumpstart' the PS2, so that I don't need to find a way to repair it? I could just leave the top cover off so that I can more easily change disks when I need to. I just need to be able to start the darn thing.

Any help is appreciated :)
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: PS2 repair?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »

'Beats me, since the details are sketchy here, but I'd guess that you have a 50-50 chance to get the connector on the cable the right way, so....  ::)

(I'd search for info about the specifics on the Internet....  :winkgrin: )

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print