Print 

Author Topic: "Logged"  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
"Logged"
« on: December 15, 2009, 03:50:20 PM »
Why is it that on each and every forum post, it says "logged" at the bottom right next to "report to moderator"?  What exactly is being logged, other than the obvious text which is the purpose for the forum.  Is my IP, MAC, ISP, connectivity, and all edited versions of my posts stored away in some kind of database?  If I typo and correct it with the "modify" option, are both posts saved and viewable by the administrator/moderator roles?

I wanted to "piggyback" off from another topic that asked how old BFM is.  Why is your forum 2 years old, yet BFM claims to be established in 2005?  The first thing that comes to mind is that the forum was attacked or the host had technical inferiority.

I realize those questions might be stupid and misguided, but it looks like everyone else is doing the same thing.  I think that's why some of these topics are off limits to certain users (I tried to post in someone else's topic with my similar question but was unable to).

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: "Logged"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »
The reason you can't post in other topics, is because there are certain boards that only certain forums users can post in.  In this Questions for the Officers section (QFTO), the only people allowed to post are BFM Officers, and the original poster.  This is considered a place to go to get a concise and to the point answer for a question you have - without getting input from other members.  We have the General Board for discussions that you do want input from other forums members as well though. 

If you did want to ask something else about something another member may have posted in the QFTO board - you're of course welcome to make your own topic and we can answer that as well.  We just feel it is a lot more useful to have a place members can choose to post if they want a response from a higher member of the clan.

The 'logged' function you see is simply information needed to make your post.  As with all forum sites, it logs that necessary information in case we were to need it in the future.

Regarding your question for the forum - yes we've been around since 2005, but we changed over to these SMF forums in 2007.  For the 2 years before, a different forum was used.  Have to keep up with the ever-changing technology  ;D
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Print