Print 

Author Topic: 'Tis the season - so let's all have a sing-song!  (Read 2051 times)

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
'Tis the season - so let's all have a sing-song!
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:11 AM »
Last Christmas, I started a thread about rewriting familiar Christmas tunes with Halo-themed Lyrics. Well, another year has rolled around and I thought, "Why not share all those songs over again?" [I mean, it can't hurt my post count either...]

So, here are a few highlights from last year's successful competition. And feel free to come up with some new songs in the same way!

#1 by JANE (joint 2nd place)

Server's full, are you racing?
I can't gun, so disgracing.
The hills I can't climb,
I die all the time,
Walking to my nav in Timberland.

Driver's gone, left without me.
A Blue guy, aiming at me.
I jump to the right,
Evade I just might,

In the middle I will grab a rocket.
Then pretend that I can shoot them all.
They'll say: Someone's slaying!
I'll say: I bet,
And soon I will be there
To make the call.

Later on, I am hopping.
My team mate, he is stopping.
I almost get in,
But I'm killed again,

In the middle I will get an overshield,
And pretend that I will get a lap.
Bullets bouncing off, but I get wheeled.
Someone chased me down, this ain't my map.

Back at base, it's depressing.
I'm not bad, I'm confessing.
As I head to score, some laps, I'll get more,
Walking to my nav in Timblerland.

Walking to my nav in Timblerland,
Walking to my nav in Timblerland.

#2 by Kiwi (competition winner with this song!!)

Oh! You better watch out
You better get laps
You better just race
On all of the maps
{HM}Santa is coming to pwn!

He's got the ban list
He's checking it twice
He's gonna find out
Who's naughty and nice
{HM}Santa is coming to ban!

He knows when you've been camping
He knows when you have chased
He knows when you've been sniping
He's got flycam for goodness sake!

Oh! You better watch out
You better get laps
You better just race
On all of our maps

The boys and girls on Gephy
They'll wait for you and me
So let's all join the server
And have a killing spree

Oh! We're gonna have fun
All ROFLs and W00ts
All of use kids
In Masterchief suits

#3 by Jixar (Special credit 'cos I like it :P)

On the first day of racing BFM gave to me:
a pair of shiny brand new clan tags

On the second day of racing BFM gave to me:
2 nades exploding
and a pair of shiny brand new clan tags

On the third day of racing BFM gave to me:
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the fourth day of racing BFM gave to me:
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the fifth day of racing BFM gave to me:
5 MAPS TILL INFINITY!!!!!
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the sixth day of racing BFM gave to me:
6 teammates racing
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the seventh day of racing BFM gave to me:
7 deaths on Gephy
6 teammates racing
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the eighth day of racing BFM gave to me:
8 macro buttons
7 deaths on Gephy
6 teammates racing
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the nineth day of racing BFM gave to me:
9 awesome servers
8 macro buttons
7 deaths on Gephy
6 teammates racing
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the tenth day of racing BFM gave to me:
10 weeks of scriming
9 awesome servers
8 macro buttons
7 deaths on Gephy
6 teammates racing
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the eleventh day of racing BFM gave to me:
11 laps till turning
10 weeks of scriming
9 awesome servers
8 macro buttons
7 deaths on Gephy
6 teammates racing
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

On the tweleth day of racing BFM gave to me:
12 happy players
11 laps till turning
10 weeks of scriming
9 awesome servers
8 macro buttons
7 deaths on Gephy
6 teammates racing
4 tires rolling
3 rockets flying
2 nades exploding

#4 by Kiwi (4th-placed in the vote but nice work!)

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the maps
Not an admin was stirring, they were all taking naps
The recruits were nestled all snug in their beds
With visions of GeForce 9800's danced in their heads

And I on my laptop, 'bout a quarter past nine
Was doing some last minute shopping online
Ordering rubber rockets from a halo website
I had just settled in for a quiet winter's night

When all of a sudden there arose such a clatter
Lots of popups on xfire, oh what was the matter?
From Lemming, from Mxy, from Fraggle, and Glenn
"The servers are messy, please can you come in?"

So I joined, when I did, there was such a cheer
At last! Oh thank goodness! an admin is here!
Please warn them, or kick them, or ban them, they pleaded
It was painfully clear another admin was needed

So I went onto vent, it was now after ten
But no one was there! Not even LEO or Ben
I was desperate, and tired, I didn't know what to do
So I finally xfired IMaybeU

The server was still messy, both the blues and the reds
Were sniping and slaying, sticking nades on their heads
It was outrageous, they'd all lost their sense
The camping was so bad they had campfires and tents

So I loaded my macros and let out a sigh
And told the good racers I'll give this a try
Just leave things to me, you guys race, don't attack them
I'll keep an eye on the slayer, and I'll probably sightjack them

Hey Mastercheif, Killa, and New001
Can you pls get racing? You're ruining the fun!
This is a BFM server, here we do races
If you want to do slayer, there are other places

omg it was awful, the server was bad
So much senseless killing, and not a lap to be had
They kept camping and chasing and ignored every warning
I thought to myself I'll be here until morning

Then a BFM_Santa joined and I scanned down the roster
Hmmm, don't see that name, must be an imposter!
But no, I realized and typed out a W00t!
It was BFM_Elvis in a red Santa suit!

The big man had come, I knew we had nothing to fear
The problem players all said "Oh no! Elvis is here!™"
His presence was a relief to every guest
And I could finally give my macro finger a rest

What a sight he was, with a big nose and belly!
He was so jolly fat he could hardly get through a tele!
He was bigger than life, my gosh he was tall!
And he announced to the guests "Let's get racing y'all!"

"I know you've had warnings, maybe y'all didn't hear it
But please stop the slayer, where's your Christmas spirit?
I'll give you a break, you are new here perhaps
But I'm gonna start kicking if y'all don't get laps!

Then he said "Oh hi Kiwi, now be a good elf
And fetch me that plasma gun off of the shelf
He took it and stuck the gun into his pocket
[Teamchatted] "Drive me pls" and we hopped into a rocket

So drove him through (and into) all the Timberland trees
While he handed out bargain bin halo CDs
And as we drove through the valleys and hills
He gunned awesomely and got twenty six kills

Yes Elvis pwned everyone, he made them all pay
Where was his Christmas spirit? I hear you all say
Well I wanted to mention that, but I kept those thoughts to myself
If I'd spoken up, there would have been one less elf

Then the map cycle ended, and he put down his gun
He said: I think I will leave now, my work here is done
There are no more problem players about
I kicked some, and banned some, the rest just lagged out

Yep, I'm gonna go now, y'all look after yourselves
He jumped back in his warthog and summoned his elves

On Jixar! On Joxer! On JôkÖr! Nateo!
DaKillr! Hogzilla! Nick! Wic! Brick! Hlao!

And I heard him exclaim as he flew from red base
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good race!

To check out all the other songs, feel free to go to this thread and have a look!
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
Re: 'Tis the season - so let's all have a sing-song!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:52:24 AM »
 ;D Awesome! :LOL:

Offline Miser

• Senior Poster
  • This is Jimmy
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »
Elvis, 26 kills? Must have been another Christmas miracle.

Well done all.

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »
I loved them soo much  d_b Maybe, I'll get back ta ya with one.  :winkgrin:

PS- Are you doing it as a competition again this year three60?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:28:10 AM by bfm_Liam »

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:16:20 PM »
ooooo clever  :neckbeard: :dance: :neckbeard:
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline Moosh

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 11:23:03 PM »
Wow awesome!!! <3 Kiwi's one! Brilliant.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 01:49:32 AM »
I would run a competition if there were people entering, sure!
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »
Very nice lyrics!

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »
If you run another one, I'll take another stab at it 'Twas quite fun last time. :D

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »
Me 2 !!!!

May 13, 09-Got Halo
© LiamFilm™

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 11:52:01 AM »
Well then - why not have a go just for fun, and as I say, if there are enough new entries, it'll be a competition for sure!

Offline ¿Nobody¿

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 12:07:27 PM »
I would enter, but it looks hard looking and putting together alllll those lyrics. I'm too lazy.  :P but will take the energy to vote.  :)

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 04:05:03 AM »
OK here's my first try:

Spam a Rule! (Sung to Let it Snow)

Oh the server I’m in is frightful
But the Vent is so delightful
And since all the Big Tags are gone
Spam a Rule! Spam a Rule! Spam a Rule!

Look! I see trails from sniping
And the tension here is spiking
This mustn’t be allowed to go on

When I finally start to choke
The message really does get through
All the players no longer prevoke
They race with spirits anew

The tires of hogs are spinning
And, the blue, team, is winning
But should issues come along

I Intend to write more, but I need to go to sleep now.....I'm exhausted.  :P

May 13, 09-Got Halo
© LiamFilm™

Offline ¿Nobody¿

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 06:32:58 AM »
Nice one Liam!! d_b

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »
I couldn't stop laughing  :siderofl: :siderofl: :siderofl: :siderofl:

Print