Print 

Author Topic: Clarification about portals on Ice Fields  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Wízzßång

• Senior Poster
  • There's no place like ~/
Clarification about portals on Ice Fields
« on: September 25, 2007, 01:27:43 AM »
There was quite a debate this evening about an event that happened in Ice Fields.  A teammate died after getting the lap and falling out of the hog while driving over the bridge railing.  He proceeded to take the portal back to center and get his hog back.  At this point, another player said that you were not allowed to walk at ANY time on ANY map if there were hogs available, and said that he should go read the rules.  I pointed out that the rules said that for Ice Fields, it was acceptable to take the portal to center ice to re-gain your hog, even if there were hogs available.  Several players started arguing with me about the rule, so I checked the rules page, and verified that I was correct.  I informed them of this, but they still didn't believe me.  By this time the map was over, so I didn't pursue the conversation any further.  (BTW, one of the players arguing with me was an admin).

So, for clarification for the others who may have been in the server then, here is the rule from the website.

From section 5.4:
On Ice Fields, when you respawn you may use the teleporter to proceed to your next flag only if there are no hogs at base. The only exception is if you were in a hog in the lower middle area and were killed. In that case, upon respawning you may proceed through a teleporter to retrieve your hog, even if there are hogs at base.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Clarification about portals on Ice Fields
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:06:42 PM »
We do call these our DETAILED rules for a reason.  ;D  Even admins can overlook a detail now and then.  Thank you for bringing this up and pointing it out for ALL of us to remember....guest and admin alike.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print