Print 

Author Topic: Question about firing from a "Stuck" hog  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Lord Newbie

• Newbie Poster
  • All Newbies are NOT created equal
Question about firing from a "Stuck" hog
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:32:42 PM »
Ok here is the situation:  CE server   Cliffhanger map, Matt2 Driving I'm gunning;  We jumped off the top and got stuck in a tree;  Here is a link to a screenshot taken while we were in the tree  While Matt2 was activly trying to free us from the tree, I continued to use the motion tracker, and the crosshairs turning red to fire on the enemy(I couldn't see anythign but the leaves of the tree)  So my question is this:  Was it wrong to fire on the enemy while we were stuck?  (the hog never came down, we were killed, and even then it stayed in the tree to the end of the map)

Lord Newbie

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Question about firing from a "Stuck" hog
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »
I do not see anything wrong with what you did in this situation.  You and your hog mate were, as a team, trying to simultaneously get back to racing and defending yourselves....nothing wrong with that.  It's no different than getting hung up on a rock and your driver having to back out of a tight jam, and while he does you as the gunner should try to keep your hog alive.  Were this could have gone wrong is if you as a gunner had no one to help you get unstuck (because you driver dies or whatever) and you stayed in the gunner seat firing while in no immediate danger.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print