Print 

Author Topic: Best Performance on 1/10/10  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
Best Performance on 1/10/10
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:13:22 AM »
BFM_Kiwi's rockets are heat seekers.  I have nothing more to say about his/her gunning because that left click may become offended and heat seek my home.  =[

I would like to see more topics in this section.  It seems most people like to make topics about critiquing other players' racing rather than focusing on what people have done correctly.  There are 435 "performed well" versus 1471 "problem players".  This is just something to keep in mind, fellow racers.  Let the admins ban as they see fit, we barely need to point much out because they pay a great deal of attention to rule breaking as it is.  =]

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: Best Performance on 1/10/10
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:46:24 AM »

I usually fail pretty much at gunning.  Tonight was a pretty good night.  Many of those I just threw out there and someone drove into them  :LOL:

I hit Darkfyr from across the map on Timberland almost from one base to the other.  A few times I needed to reload, so just fired that 3rd rocket in a random direction, and it ended up connecting with someone.  It was just one of those nights.

Now the reason for my replying to this is that you were at the receiving end of about half of those rockets, and you took it with great humor - and you got your revenge a few times too - we all had a great time because everyone was being a good sport.   

Also thanks to PRIMEX, Wisherwin and JANE.  They were driving me a lot - usuallly I drive so much I never get to gun, but tonight I ended up gunning more than usual.  Tomorrow I'll be back to my regular average self, and it can be your turn Akuma!

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 04:52:36 AM »
Best shot ever  :LOL:

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 04:57:21 AM »
Maps like Timberland, Blood Gulch and Sidewinder are really good for those "surprising" long shots. I've really started to pick up my kill average on Blood Gulch (only blood gulch, mind) since I started aiming for the navs on first and 2nd cliff and blasting apart the hogs that insist on driving without due care and attention to what's going on around them. I've pulled off a few lucky shots on Timberland but I don't think I've made one even half as good as the one Kiwi describes.

Still, a funny incident yesterday on Gulch again - I fired a rocket and forgot all about it for a while, then about 5 or 10 seconds later it flashed up: "You killed [so-and-so]" and for a short time I thought "??".

Don't you just love the open maps??
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »
Yeah last night was a lot of fun.  I do not really mind dying since it sometimes spawns me across the map to the next nav. beacon I needed.  Kiwi I believe you recall that Ice Fields race when you killed me 5-6 times and you had 10+ kills, but I still managed to get 4 laps and the final point for my team to win.  In that (unlikely) case, dying was a faster option =].  I agree with Jim360 about that whole "long shot" business.  I think everybody is surprised once in a while.  However, Kiwi next time will unfortunately (for you) be my lucky streak (hopefully) =].  Anyway I hope I race with you again sometime soon.  Finally, it was nice to finally race with my Corporal darkfyr as well, although only for the last hour I played last night.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 03:34:22 AM »

Here is roughly where I made that shot.  I aimed over the creek in that little gully, just before we turned to go up the little hill to 2nd nav.  It took ages to get there, we were almost at blue base when the shot hit.  One in a million.

Offline Soz 0wned U

• Senior Poster
  • ^ Back When It neared 1000.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 04:27:16 AM »
Kiwi is a gun, I've had the pleasure to race with him alot (Well not recently) and always he has been a gun.

And Kiwi... get on sometime i've been playing alot more recently and I haven't seen you in one server yet.  ::)

-22/4/09-

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »
Acually according to my computer that chance is

1=1000000000000001, not even kidding.

NICE SHOT.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787