Print 

Author Topic: Magic the Gathering  (Read 7845 times)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
Magic the Gathering
« on: January 11, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »
Hey, i was wondering if people still play magic. is there still competition or tournament going on for kids like my age of 15, if u play magic let me know
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
Re: Magic the Gathering
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
Magic is still burning up the tournament circuit.  It never really quit.  I got into Magic at the Odessey Block (Odessey, Torment, and Judgement) and got out after the Mirodin Block (Mirodin, Darksteel, and whatever the last one was that I cant remember now :P)

The Official Magic Site:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/multiverse/default.aspx

I know alot changed and that was why I got out.  My favorite type of deck WAS tribal (ie: White Weannie Warriors, or Slivers (<- The best Alien rip-off ever  ^^!) and when that went out the door, I thought it was time for me too.

Hope this helps at all.

~Slayton

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:40:39 PM by BFM_Slayton »

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
Man, I remember Magic.... Wednesday was Magic night down at the town hall.

Awesome game. After I had to throw out my decks, I found a cheap magic game for the PC... Microprose' Magic: The Gathering set in the plane of Shalandar.

A bit like might and magic, but you basically duel with your deck and win cards from bosses and creatures in the dungeons. :yesyes:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:24:27 PM by BFM_Fraggle »
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
i have a great custom built green and red deck i still like to play but no one were i live really dose :(
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 03:22:16 PM »
Man, I remember Magic.... Wednesday was Magic night down at the town hall.

Awesome game. After I had to throw out my decks, I found a cheap magic game for the PC... Microprose' Magic: The Gathering set in the plane of Shalandar.

A bit like might and magic, but you basically duel with your deck and win cards from bosses and creatures in the dungeons. :yesyes:
weres the actual game at the one u r talking about?
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline swant

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:42:33 PM »
i also have this, a beautiful snow covered red-green deck, i like aurochs, yet i have the same problem that no-one nearby plays it.

though once a year i go to a camp with a great group of people and some there also play magic :)

Joined Forums             - April 27, 2008
applied for BFM           - April ??, 2008
PR-terminated             - May ??, 2008
     (very long time no halo due to broken cd and loss of interest)
re-Applied for BFM       - March 16, 2010
Corporal assigned       - March 23, 2010
Ventrilo access            - May 04, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - May 12, 2010
PR-terminated             - June 16, 2010
   (Yes second time, ow well, third time's the charm :)
3d re-appliance           - July 16, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - July 25, 2010
PR-terminated             - August 17, 2010

Joined ²MôD²              - April 2011   And am loving it

Offline Drift

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
I still play it from time to time. Magic the gathering online is a great(if not kind of expensive) way to play magic anytime you want. My dad got me into it. he started when there were still Beta cards to buy. One of the soccer coaches at my school plays it with some of his soccer students in Varsity Athletics because the season is over.
Applied to BFM 5-8-2010

<= thanks MrT :D    

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »
have some cards.  Don't really play it though.

There's a whole floor in the residence halls here where if you don't play Magic the Gathering, you're an outcast.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »
a nother problem i have is my card are mostly not allowed in games :'( cause they are from the 1990's
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline swant

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 07:45:13 PM »
a nother problem i have is my card are mostly not allowed in games :'( cause they are from the 1990's

i baught my deck 2 years ago, coldsnap, hehe, it was named at my that time favourite halo map XD

i realy like an auroch stampede with their trample effect :)

every auroch gets +1/0 for every other auroch attacking, auroch her 4/4, 3 of those and 2 bull's which have 3/1, do the math, and keep in mind, all have trample :)

Joined Forums             - April 27, 2008
applied for BFM           - April ??, 2008
PR-terminated             - May ??, 2008
     (very long time no halo due to broken cd and loss of interest)
re-Applied for BFM       - March 16, 2010
Corporal assigned       - March 23, 2010
Ventrilo access            - May 04, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - May 12, 2010
PR-terminated             - June 16, 2010
   (Yes second time, ow well, third time's the charm :)
3d re-appliance           - July 16, 2010
Corporal re-assigned  - July 25, 2010
PR-terminated             - August 17, 2010

Joined ²MôD²              - April 2011   And am loving it

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 04:08:19 AM »
Whats magic?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 04:09:45 AM »
mostly my green deck was very powerful and still is but i can get lots of land out fast so i can bring my 5/5 + creatures out fast the highest attack was a 10/10 unless i boosted is attack :P, my dad had a land destruction deck which can not be used any more, it was a cheap way of taking out other players.
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »
Whats magic?

It's actual name is Magic: The Gathering.  It's a trading card game that has been around for about 19 years.  It's like your standard card game, where you have monsters and spells.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 11:39:36 PM »
Is it fun?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Print