Print 

Author Topic: Console vs. Computer?  (Read 3594 times)

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
Console vs. Computer?
« on: January 17, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »
First let me start by saying that if my computer was powerful enough to play the game I would be right in the mix with all of you right now. But alas, my laptop cannot stand up to the awesomeness that is Call of Duty and cannot play it :undecided:

I currently play MW2 on my 360 and am absolutely LOVING the multiplayer, the best multiplayer I have come across since starting Halo close to 4 years ago. The campaign I feel is lacking but that is besides the point. The reason I have called you all here today is I want to see what you all think about gameplay between the 2 consoles that support the game (I'm not entirely sure if the Wii has it...I know it has World at War but not so sure about either of the Modern Warfares) and the computer.

I'm looking for an honest opinion (from those of you that have played at least 2 of the options), and it can be either the first Modern Warfare of the second, just make sure to mention which one you're voting for and why you like it. Let's see how this'll turn out :interesting:

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
Re: Console vs. Computer?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »
For the pc, CoD4 hands down.  MW2 on the pc doesnt have dedi servers and is basically like playing on xbox live on your pc.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
It's much better on the computer for my style of play, as camping is one of the most boring tactics there is to me and I don't have fun doing it. The computer allows for much quicker movements for running around, etc., so camping isn't as favorable on a console as it is on a computer, since you have a much easier time moving around on the computer. This fact is evidenced by the differences in play that you find when playing on a console or a computer. So the general movement of the computer is better for my enjoyment.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 12:31:34 PM »
For me PS3.

When you buy it for a console, you are guaranteed the full experience. It's not like your PS3 isn't going to met the specs of the game. As my PC is getting on now, I'm getting more games for the console and less for the PC. Although I still spend most of my time on Halo.  :XD:

Then again, you will never have a more fulfilling online experience than on clan servers.

But infinity ward ruined that didn't they?   :huh:

So ya, MW2, go with PS3 for sure..or....Xbox  ::) If you really have to  :XD:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:01:42 PM by bfm_Liam »

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Offline Fanatic

• Senior Poster
  • War does not determine who's right, but who's left
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »
PC I personally offers greater variety of game play. On a side note, I hope Treyarch is allowed by Activision to keep deicated servers for cod7. Hopefully they will redeem themselces, if not I think the computer end of their business will fall and will give the majority of market share to DICE and there Battlefield line.

Thanks BigmanJT!                                                              Thanks Spood!

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:12:35 PM »
Having COD4 for PC, and COD4 + COD5 + MW2 for Xbox, I would have to say that computer is better. Even though my computer is horrible and I have to play on the lowest settings graphically, I find it much more fun and easier to control. If I had a super-duper gaming computer it would be even better. :P

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »
lol a poll about console vs computer in a website that focus is on computer games :P. Obviously consoles will win :P.

Computer for me. Although they are more expensive and also no one makes games for them anymore (all good games are made for consoles and then ported over to the PC due to higher profit in consoles) I like PC because it is easier to play with the keyboard and mouse.

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 06:31:50 AM »
lol a poll about console vs computer in a website that focus is on computer games :P. Obviously consoles will win :P.

Yeah I know right!

You know as soon as I posted that I was thinking, "Wait a second..." :doh:

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline MrT©

• Posts Too Much
  • Horses just naturally have Mohawk haircuts.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 12:09:41 PM »
You can have so much more addatives to computers that it will bypass consoles by a mile.
However, consoles are cheaper than high-end Pcs.

Offline PÕQ~CliffDog

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »
On the PC, aiming is so much more precise.  On any console, you have to wait for your crosshairs to sweep to your target so you have to be spot on with timing. 

If you want to be very aware of all areas around you, you can whip around faster with the mouse than you can with a thumb stick.

On the console, all the buttons are in easy, memorable areas finding merely by touch whereas you may have to look down at your keyboard on the PC hunting for the number 4 key wasting precious time...the difference of you getting a kill or getting killed.

All this can be solved for the PC with the use of one of the macro keyboards.

All your weapons...all your perks...your online in-game well being all within easy reach and memorization.

If cost (console around 300 and gaming PC around 600-800 US) was no issue...

Advantage:  PC controls FTW!

I've just added to the tally of you PC fans out there  :yesyes:
PÕQ~CliffDog
PÕQ Clan Leader

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »
On the PC, aiming is so much more precise.  On any console, you have to wait for your crosshairs to sweep to your target so you have to be spot on with timing.

If you want to be very aware of all areas around you, you can whip around faster with the mouse than you can with a thumb stick.

Buy one of these, they're great:  :winkgrin:

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Offline PÕQ~CliffDog

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »
Haven't gotten a PS3 yet.  My shooter gaming has been on a PC BECAUSE of the control  :winkgrin:

Once they make it for the XBox...look out!  ODST will never be the same!
PÕQ~CliffDog
PÕQ Clan Leader

Print