Print 

Author Topic: "Defending"  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
"Defending"
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
Is this a legal move or not?

I am driving a rocket hog with a gunner.  On Danger Canyon, I am approaching a gunner-less chain hog who is traveling in the opposite direction.  If we both continue traveling in the same direction, my gunner will obviously have a reasonable line of fire upon him.  However, this player still has time to turn evasively or get into a hiding position.  This enemy chain hog driver happens to be carrying a rocket launcher.  Is it legal for him to leave his hog to kill me with rockets?

To me it seems like, under BFM rules, he is supposed to drive evasively or hide.  Can this player really leave his hog to slay on foot?

There was no administrator in the server, so I brought it up to him since the rules allow me to do that.  FooFooBerry did this 'questionable' kill in-game and claimed he was justified.  I would like to know if this move can be legally applied by myself in future situations.

Expansion upon my question:  Are the BFM players allowed execute do such a move?  I know BFM players cannot grenade a hog if there are enough for everybody to drive, even in self defense.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:47:24 AM by Akuma »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: "Defending"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 11:06:50 AM »

Yes that is a legal move, covered in Rule 7.  If you are alone in a hog, you may exit and attack an enemy hog if a) it is a rocket that is approaching you, or b) a chain hog firing at you.

So if a chain hog isn't firing yet, you have a decent chance at driving past without dying.  If they start firing, you have the option to defend yourself.  But with a rocket you don't have much chance to wait and see if they notice you and fire, so you are allowed to get out of your hog and attack them.  Only of course if the enemy has a gunner.

In our scrims, we can only exit to attack if fired upon, even if it's a rocket.   In public servers, we cannnot exit to attack at all.  We can hide or evade.   So no, that its not legal for BFM players to do.

I know BFM players cannot grenade a hog if there are enough for everybody to drive, even in self defense

Anyone, including BFM members, can nade a loaded hog (with gunner) in self defense.   

BFMs cannot nade a lone hog (no gunner) unless there are no other hogs available.   Within reason, guests can nade any nearby hog, even if it contains an lone enemy driver, as long as they take that hog and drive off with it.  But BFMs would have to check for other hogs and if there were any available, they'd have to take one of those.

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
Re: "Defending"
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:39:09 AM »
Gotcha!  Alright I was under the previous impression that it was frowned upon to leave your hog to slay.  It looks like there is an exception.  Thank you Kiwi!  ^^

Print