Print 

Author Topic: COD4 system requirements  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
COD4 system requirements
« on: January 22, 2010, 07:10:21 PM »
I understand there are likely system requirements on the web for this game.  However, my experience with system requirements has deemed them to usually be off a bit.  I was curious if anyone here knows if my current gaming rig would run COD4 WELL.  This is what xfire says my rig is (easy enough to copy/paste over):

Manufacturer:     
Dell Inc.
Processor:    
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory:    
3072MB RAM
Hard Drive:    
159 GB
Video Card:    
RADEON X600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Monitor:    
Dell 19" LCD Monitor
Sound Card:    
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones:    
Sony Street Style - Seldom Used
Keyboard:    
Dell USB Keyboard
Mouse:    
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (White)
Mouse Surface:    
West Coast Resorts Mousepad
Operating System:    
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard:    
Dell Dimension 5150/E510 Motherboard
Computer Case:    
Dell Dimension 5150/E510 Case

Would it run really well?  If it helps any, this computer is 3.5 years old.  I am trying to decide if I want to buy COD4 or not and this is part of my deliberation.

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
Re: COD4 system requirements
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 07:32:49 PM »
I recommend you go HERE. This is a site that will scan your computer and tell you if you can run the game. I have used it on almost every game I have bought. When you go to the site it will ask you if it can download itself to your comp. Let it then pick the game from the very long list of games. Once you pick the game click the button that says CAN U RUN IT!. It will tell you if your computer can run it and if it has any areas of your comp that cant.

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »

That site says I can't run any game because I use the graphics thing that came with the computer. I can't run Halo, I can't run COD, it says I can't run anything. Everything passes except the video card, but there's a little sub-section that looks like this:

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card 

.RequiredYou Have
Video RAM256 MB      1.7 GB
3DYesYes
Hardware T&LYesYes
Pixel Shader version2.04.0
Vertex Shader version      2.04.0

All green check marks next to them.

Be really careful if you're using integrated graphics and buying games. Mine will run most games. Not WELL, but I'm not spending the money to upgrade. I can play just fine anyway. Someone here recently bought the game and couldn't play it because they didn't have a real graphics card, had to get one in order to play.

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 11:54:43 PM »
Your computer seems like it's less than 2 years old.  Except for the video card (which I'm not sure of, your graphics card needs to be around a GeForce 6600 and I don't know how good Radeon is), your computer will run COD4 just fine.  Go to that website that Cool posted and that will tell you if you can run it.  It will install a tiny program on your computer, but that is only to check the specs of your computer.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline MrT©

• Posts Too Much
  • Horses just naturally have Mohawk haircuts.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 12:48:51 AM »
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

This is an awsome site for if you want to know whether you can run it. i use it a lot.
P.S. You have to install the addon or whatever it askes because it wont work otherwise

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
Bleh, well I guess it would perform alright.  I may give it a try.  Thanks guys, you basically confirmed what my gut feeling was.  Not great.  Not horrible.

Print