Print 

Author Topic: Potential Recruit tags (PR)  (Read 1080 times)

Offline RyMx

• Newbie Poster
Potential Recruit tags (PR)
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:24:55 PM »
Ok so I know that me as well as other potential recruits have been wearing the tag PR_ in our names to signify us being potential recruits to the BFMs in the server. I've been told however that we should still tell BFMs that we are recruits just to be sure, which is fine with me.

Most of the time I would announce myself as being a PR and BFMs would say something like "Ok good luck!" or something of the sort. But sometimes, I would announce it and not get a response. This could be for many reasons such as an intense game in which he/she may not be paying attention to in game text (it happens to all of us), text lag, or they may have just missed it. It's not a big deal but I mean, I know that if I do not get a response I think that they may have not heard me, in which case I have to stop and inform them again. If they have text lag it would take a while before they actually hear me.

Plus when I do inform some I get responses such as "I could tell from your tags :P" which is fine by me but then makes me think why did I have to tell them then? I mean it causes people to stop in game and type and yeah it may not be that big of a deal but you never know it might make a difference in a game.

Seeing the problems that the informing of being a PR causes, should the wearing of the PR_ tags alone be enough signify to BFMs of a potential recruit? Would it make things easier for the PRs and BFMs? I'd like to get as much feedback as possible so whether you agree or disagree please post your thoughts. I want this to be more a discussion type of thing :D

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Potential Recruit tags (PR)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »

The important thing as a PR is that the admins give some feedback on their experience with you in the server. We go on that feedback when we make decisions about your recruitment. You are encouraged to do what you can to ensure you get some racing feedback reports posted.

If you want to put on the PR tags, that's fine. I would definitely suggest telling the admins that you're a PR as well. If they say "thanks" or "good luck" or "I could tell from your tags :P", then you know they saw it and see you as a PR. Of course, the best thing to do for this important feedback is to do well in the servers - focus on racing, have fun, follow rules, etc.

I like when PRs tell me they're a PR because it's more sociable than throwing some letters on their name and then not talking to me at all. Personally, I don't care for the PR tags, I'd rather see interaction, and I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Other admins look for PR tags and keep track of them, and are glad PRs use the PR tags. As you can see, if you do one or the other or both you can't go wrong.

Technically, you don't have to tell us anything and you don't have to use the tags. You can easily get yourself noticed by your actions and your attitude. Anything extra is just that - extra. Do it if you want, it will be mentioned, but we're looking for YOU. If you don't think you're standing out as much as you'd like, wave some PR flags.

And good luck RyMx!

Print