Print 

Author Topic: Asked to change name  (Read 1463 times)

Offline 10_1 A-x

• Newbie Poster
Asked to change name
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »
Hello,

Today I was asked to change my Halo profile name of: 10_1 A-x.  After replying to the Admin on the forums, it was suggested I post here. 

I have been following the previous posts by nd, S.S.NZ, DtBo and digger.  I agree my name is not standard.  The name has not prevented numerous Admins from addressing me in game.  Often a portion of the name will be used at maps end or on the occasion when I am reminded of a rule in game.  The uniqueness of the name allows easy recognition if it is abbreviated. 

Am I required to change my Halo profile name? 

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
Re: Asked to change name
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:38:17 AM »
Hey 10,

Thanks for coming to the forums. I was asked only today by an admin regarding your name. I had advised that you were a very good long term racer and I think we should send you a PM to discuss.

First a little background for your understanding:

We have two separate policies on names. One for recruitment and the other for our race servers. The recruitment one is clear in that you need a name not ab or 12 and so on. The server one is a little more relaxed.

It was introduced to help us in two ways. 1. Names that were a hindrance to adminning such as "?" "."  "[]" and so on.
2. We pay for and admin the servers, all we ask in return is that guests have a name. Things like 15145 or lkjhn and 5 would not be accepted. A effort is required in a name.

Now I know you to be a great guest and you have in fact put some thought into your name. Many new admins may not as it really does appear at first glance to be a  name of little sense.

I have my opinion on your name but will withhold this at this point. You may wish to change it to save confusion. I will have a chat with a few other officers and get back to you soon with a clear decision.  

Once again thanks for bringing this here

Slim
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:09:30 AM by BFM_Slim »

Offline BFM_Slim

• Leader
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:01:47 AM »
Hey 10,

What we can do for you is this. As you have been a long term racer and have proven yourself in our servers we would be willing to make an exception for you on your name.

We do need to point out the following however:

We will let our admins know that your name is acceptable due to your good long term record at BFM. As I mentioned in my first post, some new Admins may at times asked you to change your name as it does fall into this policy.

If that occurs you may very respectfully tell them that you have brought it here (questions for officers) and a decision was made that you may keep your name. Now if by chance you are still asked to change it Please respectfully change the name and send me a PM. I will let the admin know we have made an exception for you on your name due to the above.

This would not be our admins fault, its purely just the information needs to be passed on.
Thanks for bringing this here again 10, catch you on the servers

Slim

Offline 10_1 A-x

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 04:28:52 AM »
Thank you,

I will do as instructed if asked again.  Thanks all BFM. 

Print