Print 

Author Topic: Mods  (Read 1947 times)

Offline csrgamer

• Newbie Poster
Mods
« on: March 12, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »
Why doesn't BFM mod the maps so that you can't break as many rules? I know about the lag part of it, but I mean, you guys could just delete the sniper off all the maps or make them do no damage, then that's one less rule to cover. :dance:

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 07:44:35 AM »
BFM has made it clear from day 1 that we will not involve ourselves with mods or any other alterations, programs, etc that change the game in any way. Instead we ask that our guests (and members to that extent) follow the simple rules set forth to ensure everyone has a good, fair game in a family friendly environment. For example we would remove the sniper rifles without mods if we could, however the only way to do this removes pistols also which is not something we wish to do. The only exception we have to this is our CE server which runs a rotation of custom race maps for everyone's enjoyment. Never will we mod the game to remove snipers or add/remove other hinderances to our race servers. We play the game for what it is, and in all honesty that way makes it all the more simple, and all the more fun!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline csrgamer

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:05:45 PM »
I'm sorry but I think you are confusing mods with editing gametypes it has nothing to do with gametypes, if you want I could just delete the sniper off of all your maps, and keep the pistol there within 5 mins.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 11:23:08 PM »
Editing a gametype with any 3rd party program is still modifying the game over the game's initial modification "allowance" if you will, considered in the gaming realms as a "mod". A 3rd party program would be needed to edit out the Sniper rifle without changing our current game settings allowed by the game, unless we change a weapon setting, which we dont want to do otherwise we lose the pistol.

Basically mate, its about staying true to the public that we don't use any form of map, gameplay or weapon modification made outside of the game's initial settings, which could and has in the past caused speculation that we might modify our servers to our own advantage when it comes to game play. :happy:

Print